Author Topic: Urgent: Debugging Options Not working as expected  (Read 3228 times)

skorned

Urgent: Debugging Options Not working as expected
« on: December 11, 2009, 10:37:09 pm »
I just switched over from Dev-C++ to C::B, and need some help. I installed v8.02 on Vista, opened a cpp file, built and ran it. It ran fine (despite warnings on the C::B download page that using the MingW compiler on Vista might give problems).

However, I can't debug the program because all the debugging options are greyed out. In the Global Compiler Settings, only the 'Produce Debugging symbols' flag is checked. However, the build target dropdown, and all the buttons on the debugging bar are disabled.

Screenshots here: http://yfrog.com/jmcompiledjx

Update: I can select the debug options if the source file is part of a project. That is, I started new project, accepted all the default options, and then copied the old C++ code into the new source file. And ta-da...the debug options are available. However, they are still not working as expected.

Update 2: The debug options are available and working on the XP installation, unlike the Vista installation.

Now I need to know how to watch all the values in an array variable. Right now the watch for my array StoredBest is
Code
(int(*)[0])0x22ff00
, which isn't really helpful...Any ideas? I tried adding a watch for it again, choosing the option 'Watch as Array', but I don't understand how to use the Start and Count options.

I would really appreciate if someone replied to this before tomorrow. I'm trying an online coding exam, and its happening tomorrow. I know its kinda short notice, but I was using Turbo C++ and Visual C++ till now. The exam requires me to use GCC, thus necessitating the last minute switch to Dev-C++ and C::B. And Dev-C's debugger SUCKS!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:38:58 pm by skorned »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Urgent: Debugging Options Not working as expected
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:21:45 am »
Do you have a project?
If not create one, codeblocks can't debug single files.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]