Author Topic: Feature request: multiple documents  (Read 3665 times)

vishus

Feature request: multiple documents
« on: December 13, 2009, 07:07:25 am »
I know that currently the document area can be split vertically or horizontally (by right clicking on the file's tab and going to split), but I think it would be awesome if two different documents could be viewed at once.
To choose which document is in which window I would suggest just duplicating the tabs.  Thus it should be possible to have the same document open twice, which is currently the only option when splitting your document.

Also would be cool (but maybe beyond Code::Block's goals) if the view of a document could be toggled between: plain text, syntax highlighted code, and hex.

Offline nanyu

• Almost regular
  • nanyu
Re: Feature request: multiple documents
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 08:21:10 am »
I know that currently the document area can be split vertically or horizontally (by right clicking on the file's tab and going to split), but I think it would be awesome if two different documents could be viewed at once.
To choose which document is in which window I would suggest just duplicating the tabs.  Thus it should be possible to have the same document open twice, which is currently the only option when splitting your document.

Drag a tab and (drop) dock it to other position....

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 09:36:14 am »
If you use 8.02 release, you have to switch to a recent nightly :http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,20.0.html .

If you use a nightly-build it works as nanyu wrote: just drag an editor-tab to another position inside the editor-pane and drop it there.

zabzonk

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 03:10:35 pm »
Pretty neat! I wonder if there are any more of these non-obvious GUI features floating around?