Author Topic: Beginer Trying To Delete A New Project  (Read 4986 times)

Offline John Boy

• Single posting newcomer
Beginer Trying To Delete A New Project
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:35:31 pm »
Hello;

I have created a new project and I am working out of a book C++ for Dummies.  The book came with a code block installtion CD.  I have saved a first attempt at writing a program by going to File and Save on the tool bar.  To build the conversion I simply choose Build from the tool bar and moused down to Build again.  Then saved the project by Choosing File and Save.  In running the progam I get  several errors but 0 warnings.  I would like to attempt this project again.  How can I delete this project and start over?  I have also tried help icon  to bogged down by information that is very lengthly. If anyone could help.  Thanks one and all. 

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Beginer Trying To Delete A New Project
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:00:10 pm »
Just delete all files belonging to the project (including the *.cbp-file) with your favourite file-explorer (they are normally placed in a folder named like your project, but that might be different, if you have changed some of the default settings in the wizard).

After closing and reopening C::B it will also disappear from the recent projects list.

Offline John Boy

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Beginer Trying To Delete A New Project
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 10:41:22 pm »
Just delete all files belonging to the project (including the *.cbp-file) with your favourite file-explorer (they are normally placed in a folder named like your project, but that might be different, if you have changed some of the default settings in the wizard).

After closing and reopening C::B it will also disappear from the recent projects list.

Thanks for the reply;

Unfortunately I don't understand when you say "Your favorite File Explorer" Where I Should find that In order for me to delete all files belonging to the project?  When you say Including *cpb-file.  when creating my project .cbp-file are the last three letters within the Console Application Dialog Box under "Resulting filename".   The filename name in this instance is  C:\CPP_Program\Chap01\Conversion\Conversion.cbp.  Also when you mention wizard am not sure what  that is?  When I  installed Codeblocks I choose full installation.I don't believe I changed the default setting in wizard while installing.  I have checked C Drive on my computer and  there files that  pertain to the project that I named conversion on Codeblocks.   I f you could guide me through one more time it would help me out of this dilema a great deal.   Thank you.  John.