Author Topic: Borlland C++ 5.5 compiler blues  (Read 3236 times)

mrsharpe

Borlland C++ 5.5 compiler blues
« on: September 12, 2009, 01:04:09 am »
 :( I sent a while trying to integrate borlands 5.5 compiler into the ide of the 5.02 version using 5.5 tools and it didn't work (will try again at a later date- does it work?) so for the time being code blocks looks the best bet.  The auto detect does not locate the dir of the compiler but I got it working by setting it manually. The compiler will run but not without plenty of errors. The compiler works find in command line mode but try running any of the examples provided with the compiler  from the code blocks ide and errors appear. (What is Cox32.OBJ not found all about?). I am currently trying to get TD32 to work. It detected ok but throws up a invalid switch error -nx.
Now code blocks is great especially with visual C++ but is the support for Borland C++ 5.5 causing anybody else these sort of problems. I will try to play around with the compiler options to see if this is the problem but are there ways to change switches send to the debugger including the invalid switches.
If anybody can suggest any help in this area then it would be thanked.

zabzonk

Re: Borlland C++ 5.5 compiler blues
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 11:39:07 am »
Why would you want to use such an ancient and obsolete C++ compiler when good, modern, free ones like GCC are available?