Author Topic: MAC with a M2 chip PLEASE HELP! / Path or complier error  (Read 6287 times)

Offline NICOMESA

• Single posting newcomer
MAC with a M2 chip PLEASE HELP! / Path or complier error
« on: September 20, 2022, 09:57:00 pm »
Hi Everybody!

I have a Mac with the new M2 chip. I have been try to resolve this issue with code blocks but after trying everything and still nothing works. If anyone has any information about this or a forum please LMK!

Thank you!

This is the terminal message I receive after running Welcome world.

nicomesa@MacBook-Air-2 ~ % '/Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/nicomesa/Desktop/WordCode/test/bin/Debug/test '
zsh: no such file or directory: /Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/nicomesa/Desktop/WordCode/test/bin/Debug/test
nicomesa@MacBook-Air-2 ~ %

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: MAC with a M2 chip PLEASE HELP! / Path or complier error
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 12:22:52 am »
You are not doing anything wrong. The issue has not been fixed. I will look at it over the next few days as I can now debug on the MAC using the code from my repo.

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 07:43:07 am »
Can you try the following and let us know if it works or not:
1. In the "Settings" menu click on the "Environment" sub menu.2. In the tab that opens expand it vertically so you can see the "Terminal to launch console programs:" label.3. In the "Terminal to launch console programs:" text box change the details to the following:      osascript -e 'tell app "Terminal"' -e 'activate' -e 'do script "$SCRIPT"' -e 'end tell'
The change was to remove the "quoted form of " from the original MAC terminal launch text.

Unfortunately until the DAP debugger is included in the Code::Blocks source tree you will not be able to do source level debugging on the MAC.

Offline NICOMESA

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 07:24:30 pm »
Hey Andrew,

It looks like the instructions that you gave me a slight improvement. I can now run the code I want but it has a lot of bug as you can tell from the screen shot. A grey screen in the middle also is still giving me an error code before my code getting processed. It will also crazy once in a while. Overall I think I can work through it.

Thank You for the help man!!

Nico

*The attachment was too big so you can view it with this google docs I have the SS inside it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16rBNU3Z3ENy-D1h58ml2Dwp4sfUdQUWCCBBNSNgAxYw/edit?usp=sharing

Offline AndrewCot

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 01:14:27 am »
The C::B you are using is old and the grey block issue was potentially fixed last year.  You could try disabling the code completion plugin via the Plugins->manage Plugins menu and see if it fixes it as the fix was related to code completion.

The C::B you are using is old. Check if you can get an update for the M1/M2 from where you originally downloaded the M1/M2 port from or you could have a read of the following post and install the MacPort release:
https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,25100.msg171120.html#msg171120