Author Topic: [user feedback] Things that don't work for me.  (Read 3992 times)

theneo

[user feedback] Things that don't work for me.
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:46:52 am »
I installed Code::Blocks on Windows 7 RTM. There are three problems that make me change to Visual C++ Express.

The first one is indention. I checked the "auto indent" checkbox in config window, but when press enter, the caret is still at the beginning of the line, not aligned with last line's indention. I think this is a bug.

The second one is, there's no "run arguments" option for the Run command. So if my console-based code needs some arguments to run, I cannot run&debug it in C::B. When writing scientific computation codes, this becomes an annoying problem, since they often need a lot of command-line arguments..

The third one is, there are times that after I click "Stop", C::B stucks in the "waiting for process 0 to stop" state(at least more than 10 secs, seems forever). I have to relauch the IDE to continue working. Is this a bug or I missed something?

Anyway, C::B is a great work, thanks, and hope my feedbacks help :)

theneo

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: [user feedback] Things that don't work for me.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:46:35 am »
The second one is, there's no "run arguments" option for the Run command. So if my console-based code needs some arguments to run, I cannot run&debug it in C::B. When writing scientific computation codes, this becomes an annoying problem, since they often need a lot of command-line arguments..

Look under "Project" -> Set program args.

Don't know about the other two things.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:51:27 am »

The first one is indention. I checked the "auto indent" checkbox in config window, but when press enter, the caret is still at the beginning of the line, not aligned with last line's indention. I think this is a bug.

This works fine here in trunk build C::B.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:38:09 am »
it work fine for me too.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?