Author Topic: Building FFMPEG with Code::Blocks on Windows OS  (Read 6278 times)

MichaelD

Building FFMPEG with Code::Blocks on Windows OS
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:23:45 am »
I recently came across the Code::Blocks IDE and think it is a great tool.  I've been trying to build FFMPEG using the tool, but I am not having any success.  The process involves running a bash configure script and then a custom makefile.

I created a new empty project and I believe I have all the files imported, at least all the default .c and .h files.  I could not figure out how to run the configure script from within the IDE, so I ran it using MSYS with bash support.  I then proceeded to modify the Code::Blocks Project Settings to use the custom makefile and I set the build target as Windows. 

Under the rest of the tabs, I didn't change anything as I assumed the configure script and the makefile would take care of these settings.  Under the project's build options, I enabled only 3 Compile Flag options (-W, -Wfatal-errors, and -s) for the Release build.  Under the "Make" commands tab, I changed the Build project/target to: make and the Clean project/target to: make clean.

Before I get too deep with the compilation, I try to do a clean.  At this point the IDE returns the following message:  "Execution of 'make clean' in 'C:\Projects\ffmpeg' failed.  Nothing to be done."  There are files to clean and if I run make clean from the MSYS command prompt, it will perform the clean operation.

I'm not a big Unix programmer, I specialize on the windows platform.  Any help is greatly appreciated...

palmman

Re: Building FFMPEG with Code::Blocks on Windows OS
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 03:02:29 pm »
Hi, I have the same problem.
Does anybody know how to solve it?
Thx!