Author Topic: command prompt and exe files open slowly  (Read 10236 times)

Offline EKhan

• Single posting newcomer
command prompt and exe files open slowly
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:11:42 am »
Hi guys, i have an annoying problem.

I'm a begginer at programming and i try to write some little programs for exercising, so i use "F9" button much more than usual, to see how little codes work. However, this became a big problem for me. 3-4 months ago, i was using Vista-32bit and Dev-CPP as compiler and when i "compile & run" my programs it take 2-3 seconds executing the program. I couldn't find a solution. Then one day i formatted my computer and installed Vista-64bit OS and as my friends suggestion Code::Blocks. The problem was gone, my programs were executing quickly after i pressed "F9". However, the problem recurred. My programs execute very slowly. I looked everywhere but i couldn't find a solution again. Then i tried to do something myself and i discovered "cmd.exe" is executing slowly too, but that's the only thing i could find. I know it's best way to re-install the OS but i've a very big and precious archive and i don't want to lose it. If i couldn't explained my problem well, please tell, i'll try to explain better.

I need to solve this problem quickly, because i need to do 3 homeworks till friday and with this problem continuing it'll be a pain in the a..

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: command prompt and exe files open slowly
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:48:03 am »
Nobody will be able to tell for sure from a distance, but your description sounds to me like the most likely thing is you're running a lot of malware on your computer.
Does not sound like it's related to Code::Blocks.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline EKhan

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:47:31 am »
Yes, it's not related to code::blocks. But i ask this here, because of the chance maybe someone had the same problem and fixed it.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:32:30 pm »
The fix is to remove the malware and prevent it from coming back, by securing your computer. If you spend 10 seconds on Google searching for something like "computer running slow", you get a hundred sites telling you that, and other things.
If you spend another 10 seconds searching for words like "antivirus" or "antispyware", you find the tools you need.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline EKhan

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 06:32:20 pm »
Thanks for your attention, but problem is not "computer running slow". My computer works very fine, my only problem is the cmd.exe and the *.exe files that i compiled. Except these everything works just fine.

2 days ago i removed everything and formatted the computer. After re-installation problem was gone, however, today it came back again. i just installed drivers and some basic programs..

Thanks again..

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:17:43 pm »
2 days ago i removed everything and formatted the computer. After re-installation problem was gone, however, today it came back again. i just installed drivers and some basic programs..

I suggest one of your basic programs is causing the problem. As in Anti-Virus program.
Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org