Author Topic: wxWidgets installation confusing  (Read 6163 times)

Offline ozgurgerilla

• Single posting newcomer
wxWidgets installation confusing
« on: August 27, 2009, 12:58:45 pm »
Hi all,

I am having bad time getting wxwidgets work with code::blockios, could someone help me set the global variables or install it properly..?

Regards,
GERILLA.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: wxWidgets installation confusing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:44:46 pm »
I am having bad time getting wxwidgets work with code::blockios, could someone help me set the global variables or install it properly..?
There is a step-by-step instruction in the WiKi.

Next time please don't start a poll!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:50:58 pm »
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline ozgurgerilla

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 12:05:10 pm »
here is the addresshttp://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxWindowsQuickRef

Hey thanks for both of the replies. I want to set up glut too is there a link for that as well?

Regards,
GERILLA.

Offline ozgurgerilla

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:52:16 pm »
here is the addresshttp://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxWindowsQuickRef

Hey thanks for both of the replies. I want to set up glut too is there a link for that as well?

Regards,
GERILLA.

configured Glut too but it's giving me errors now please have a look and advise me.

Code
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp||In member function `virtual bool App::OnInit()':|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|230|error: no matching function for call to `AppFrame::AppFrame(wxPoint, wxSize)'|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\header.h|25|note: candidates are: AppFrame::AppFrame(const AppFrame&)|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\header.h|36|note:                 AppFrame::AppFrame(const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp||In constructor `AppFrame::AppFrame(const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)':|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|272|error: conversion from `const char[6]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous|
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include\wx\string.h|693|note: candidates are: wxString::wxString(wxChar, size_t) <near match>|
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include\wx\string.h|682|note:                 wxString::wxString(int) <near match>|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|273|error: conversion from `const char[6]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous|
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include\wx\string.h|693|note: candidates are: wxString::wxString(wxChar, size_t) <near match>|
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include\wx\string.h|682|note:                 wxString::wxString(int) <near match>|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|275|error: conversion from `const char[6]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|299|error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'const wxString&' from expression of type 'const char*'|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\myglcanvas.h|28|error: in passing argument 6 of `GLCanvas::GLCanvas(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)'|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|299|error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'const wxString&' from expression of type 'const char*'|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\myglcanvas.h|28|error: in passing argument 6 of `GLCanvas::GLCanvas(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)'|
C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\include\wx\msw\window.h|550|error: `wxWindow::wxWindow(const wxWindow&)' is private|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|299|error: within this context|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp||In constructor `AppFrame::AppFrame(const wxString&, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&)':|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|299|error:   initializing temporary from result of `GLCanvas::GLCanvas(wxWindow*, wxWindowID, const wxPoint&, const wxSize&, long int, const wxString&)'|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|359|error: conversion from `const char[24]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp||In member function `void AppFrame::OnExit(wxCommandEvent&)':|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|379|error: conversion from `const char[1]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous|
C:\Documents and Settings\eri52185\Desktop\GUI integration\gui.cpp|379|error: conversion from `const char[1]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous|
||=== Build finished: 14 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Thanks,
GERILLA.