User forums > Using Code::Blocks

adding files from another volume/device

(1/2) > >>

frode:
Hello!

I'm using 1.0-RC1 (but I expect it should read 1.0-RC1.1 since I downloaded the latest release from this website).

I got a problem when adding files from a device E:\ and building to another location. When I compile, CB tries to create a building folder say "C:\mainproject\build\.objs\E:\mysubproject\sources" and "C:\mainproject\build\.deps\E:\mysubproject\sources".

I have looked at Project/target options (Project > Properties) where I am expected to set-up this stuff, but I cannot see how I can control how CB creates its folders. It looks like CB concatenates the absolute path "E:\mysubproject\sources" to my custom build directory "C:\mainproject\build\.objs".

BTW, thanks for this great IDE!

mandrav:

--- Quote ---It looks like CB concatenates the absolute path "E:\mysubproject\sources" to my custom build directory "C:\mainproject\build\.objs"
--- End quote ---

That's true. I don't understand though, why someone would want his project file reside in another volume?!?

frode:
Well, first of all I supposed that all objects files were compiled into the output directory ".objs" and not a subdirectory of it.

I have my project sources on a USB memory card and the sources are used by computer A and B. The USB memory card also serves like a common CVS working repository, since computer B is not connected in a network. Maybe I make things more complex than they are? :-)

rickg22:
Yes. Use a local dir for your sourcefiles, and use your USB drive for CVS.

therion:

--- Quote from: frode on October 18, 2005, 11:46:27 am ---I have my project sources on a USB memory card and the sources are used by computer A and B. The USB memory card also serves like a common CVS working repository, since computer B is not connected in a network. Maybe I make things more complex than they are? :-)

--- End quote ---

Hello,

I use my usb card for exactly the same purpose as you...
But i changed only the "Objects output dir" of my target (to c:\temp). The output is in the usb key. It´s working pretty well for me.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version