Author Topic: Compiling problem (with Borland C++ compiler)  (Read 4634 times)

Mipzhap

Compiling problem (with Borland C++ compiler)
« on: July 06, 2009, 11:02:33 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to recompile an old project (while testing Code::Blocks) and I stumbled upon an issue that I can't seem to find any information about or a solution to.

I've set up Code::Blocks to compile my project with the Borland C++ Compiler. Apparently when I'm trying to compile, the argument "-Wall" is sent to the compiler, as seen from this part here:

bcc32.exe -q -Wall  -O2    ...

My only problem is that the Borland C++ Compiler's "Show all warnings" is called -wall and therefore provides me with this error:

Error E2075: Incorrect command line option: -Wall

Seems like the compiler is case sensitive with respect to its arguments.
So all in all, I'm trying to figure out how / where I can change it so that it uses -wall instead of -Wall.

Hope anyone have the solution to my problem. :)
Thanks in advance..

Regards
Mipzhap

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Compiling problem (with Borland C++ compiler)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:40:55 am »
Please specify the compiler version, os, cb-version (rev number).

If you want to pass that option you can do with project -> build options -> compiler -> other options -> -wall and uncheck the -Wall from the previous tab, if that is the option that is causing the trouble.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Mipzhap

Re: Compiling problem (with Borland C++ compiler)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:25:21 pm »
Borland 5.5, 5.82 on a Windows Vista computer.

The -Wall argument isn't one of the check boxes when the Borland compiler is selected. But it pops up when I select the GNU GCC compiler (where's it's selected as standard). So unchecking it just isn't possible - not for the Borland compiler that is. (Haven't tested if unchecking it for the GCC compiler removes it from the Borland aswell - but I surely wouldn't hope that's the issue. :) )

But, getting so annoyed with the Borland compiler, I started playing with the GNU GCC compiler and that worked straight away - so halleluja :P