Author Topic: wxAuiNotebook introduction in TRUNK  (Read 46082 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxAuiNotebook introduction in TRUNK
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 10:57:32 pm »
You might see it as similar, but it's not at all the same thing. I want to be able to tab among open files in most-recently-visible order; the BrowseTracker plugin, as I understand it, keeps a full history, so if I switch back and forth between 2 tabs several times, I'll then have to hit the shortcut keys many more times in order to get to a tab I haven't activated in a while.

BrowseTracker does, I believe, exactly as you ask. It only keeps track of "activated" editors and keeps the previously activated as the next to be activated on the next use of the Alt-LeftArrow key.

It ignores any editors that have never been activated.

It activates editors in an order that reflects the order in which they have recently been activated.

So if you want the previous to previous editor activated, just hit the Alt-LeftArrow two times.

Currently it is being fixed, since wxAuiNotebook has a different interface to the NavigationKey.

Offline rhf

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 12:06:17 am »
Currently it is being fixed, since wxAuiNotebook has a different interface to the NavigationKey.
Thanks very much for your fix!  I didn't realize how much I used BrowseTracker until it was broken.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 01:34:04 am »
BrowseTracker does, I believe, exactly as you ask. It only keeps track of "activated" editors and keeps the previously activated as the next to be activated on the next use of the Alt-LeftArrow key.

It activates editors in an order that reflects the order in which they have recently been activated.

So if you want the previous to previous editor activated, just hit the Alt-LeftArrow two times.

So if start out on one tab, hit Alt+Left, then let go, then hit Alt+Left again, I'll be on that same tab?
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 01:22:23 pm »

So if start out on one tab, hit Alt+Left, then let go, then hit Alt+Left again, I'll be on that same tab?

Correct.

Lets say I activated a.cpp, then b.cpp which is now the active editor.
If I hit Alt-LeftArrow, I'll be at a.cpp. If I now hit Alt-LeftArrow again, I'll be back at b.cpp.

The current activate editor is always re-inserted as the previous editor whenever the Alt-LeftArrow is used.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:27:36 pm by Pecan »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 01:34:46 pm »

Thanks for the fix!!! I love this plug-in. :D
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline vix

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38:38 pm »
The background-colouring issue should be fixed in trunk and cc-branch.
Thank you.

I noticed a problem with the BrowseTracker plugin too. (ALT+left and ALT+right don't work).

Another thing: when I right-click on a function name I can see 'Find declaration' and 'Find implementation', but not 'Find occurencies'

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »

I noticed a problem with the BrowseTracker plugin too. (ALT+left and ALT+right don't work).

Another thing: when I right-click on a function name I can see 'Find declaration' and 'Find implementation', but not 'Find occurencies'

It works fine in the current SVN version.
Both BrowseTracker plugin and "Find occurrences" work fine.

Which version Code::Blocks do you use?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 02:38:55 pm »
"Find occurrences" is given by ThreadSearch plugin. Is it activated?

Dje

Offline vix

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 05:12:16 pm »
I've been trying to recompile all the plugins from sources (loading the ContribPlugins.workspace), but I have this error

Code
c:/programmi/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ltxml

Code
||=== Code Snippets, Plugin - Win32 ===|
ld.exe||cannot find -ltxml|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

PS: I have the GCC 4.4.0-tdm-1 for MinGW

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 08:23:17 pm »
I've been trying to recompile all the plugins from sources (loading the ContribPlugins.workspace), but I have this error

Code
c:/programmi/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ltxml

Code
||=== Code Snippets, Plugin - Win32 ===|
ld.exe||cannot find -ltxml|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

PS: I have the GCC 4.4.0-tdm-1 for MinGW

Did you first compile the Code::Blocks main project?

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline vix

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 08:11:46 am »
Did you first compile the Code::Blocks main project?

Yes, successfully.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 04:00:15 pm »
Edit: Important, what Code::Blocks version or SVN is being used to compile?

Turn on full command line logging and hopefully it will show the problem.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_an_compiler_problem.3F

Here's my Link Command for the plugin the "-L..\..\..\base\tinyxml" missing is a possible case of error.
Code
mingw32-g++.exe -shared   -Wl,--dll -L..\..\..\devel -L..\..\..\base\tinyxml -LC:\SourceCode\Projects\wxWidgets\wxWidgets-2.8.x-MonoLib\lib\gcc_dll -LC:\GreenApps\MinGW_Boost\lib  ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetsconfig.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\DirectoryParamsPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\InsertIndexManager.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\MainPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\SearchInPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\TextFileSearcher.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\TextFileSearcherRegEx.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\TextFileSearcherText.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearch.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchConfPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchEvent.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchFindData.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchFrame.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchLoggerBase.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchLoggerList.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchLoggerTree.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchThread.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchTrace.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchView.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchViewManagerBase.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchViewManagerLayout.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchViewManagerMessagesNotebook.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippets.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippetsevent.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippetstreectrl.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippetswindow.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\csutils.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\dragscroll.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\dragscrollcfg.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\dragscrollevent.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\editproperties.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\prefs.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\scbeditor.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\seditorbase.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\seditorcolourset.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\seditormanager.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\sprintdlg.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editsnippetframe.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\settingsdlg.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\settingsdlgform.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetitemdata.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetproperty.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetpropertyform.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\GenericMessageBox.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetsimages.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\version.o  ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\generic.res  -o ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\codesnippets.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-import  -lwxmsw28u -ltxml -lwxscintilla -lcodeblocks -lcodeblocks 

Tim S
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:02:49 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline vix

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2009, 04:12:32 pm »
I used C::B SVN 5678 to compile.

Here is my link command for the plugin
Code
mingw32-g++.exe -shared   -Wl,--dll -L..\..\..\devel -L..\..\..\base\tinyxml -LD:\projects\wxMSW-2.8.9\lib\gcc_dll -LC:\Programmi\MinGW\lib  ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetsconfig.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\DirectoryParamsPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\InsertIndexManager.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\MainPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\SearchInPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\TextFileSearcher.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\TextFileSearcherRegEx.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\TextFileSearcherText.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearch.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchConfPanel.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchEvent.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchFindData.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchFrame.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchLoggerBase.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchLoggerList.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchLoggerTree.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchThread.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchTrace.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchView.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchViewManagerBase.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchViewManagerLayout.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\Search\ThreadSearchViewManagerMessagesNotebook.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippets.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippetsevent.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippetstreectrl.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\codesnippetswindow.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\csutils.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\dragscroll.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\dragscrollcfg.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\dragscrollevent.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\editproperties.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\prefs.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\scbeditor.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\seditorbase.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\seditorcolourset.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\seditormanager.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editor\sprintdlg.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\editsnippetframe.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\settingsdlg.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\settingsdlgform.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetitemdata.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetproperty.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetpropertyform.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\GenericMessageBox.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\snippetsimages.o ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\version.o  ..\..\..\.objs\plugins\contrib\codesnippets\plugin\generic.res  -o ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\codesnippets.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-import  -lwxmsw28u -ltxml -lwxscintilla -lcodeblocks -lcodeblocks 
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 5 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings
I noticed that for the wxWidget library I have the -LD option;
your Link Command has the -LC option

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »
I noticed that for the wxWidget library I have the -LD option;
your Link Command has the -LC option

The C is the C Drive.

Edit: Please verify the folder "..\..\..\base\tinyxml" / "src\base\tinyxml" holds the file "libtxml.a"?

@vix: This problem has little to do with the Code::Blocks development/source code; please open an thread in  "General" Forum. http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

I am guessing it might be a Compiler or Code::Blocks bug that only shows up with a setup like yours.

Tim S
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:36:57 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline vix

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 04:37:29 pm »
The folder "src\base\tinyxml" doesn't hold the file "libtxml.a".
There are only
  • Makefile.am
  • tinystr.cpp
  • tinywxuni.cpp
  • tinyxml.cpp
  • tinyxmlerror.cpp
  • tinyxmlparser.cpp

vix