Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > CodeCompletion redesign

redundant header guard in token.h

<< < (2/3) > >>

thomas:

--- Quote from: rcoll on June 08, 2009, 05:56:21 pm ---Sorry for pushing in, since this is not really my area, but according to both the C and C++ standards (all versions), isn't a comment considered "whitespace"?
--- End quote ---
Didn't know that, but yes, after searching the standards, this actually seems to be the case.

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: thomas on June 09, 2009, 10:29:36 am ---Didn't know that, but yes, after searching the standards, this actually seems to be the case.

--- End quote ---
Sorry... but I have to...: :lol:
So Thomas... time to fix the bug in your nifty plugin. I'd love to keep it enabled all the time. I am your Fan #1 (as you know)... ;-)

thomas:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on June 09, 2009, 11:26:57 am ---So Thomas... time to fix the bug in your nifty plugin.
--- End quote ---
Feel free to do it then, but do it right. :)
I'll continue using it as it is, as I'm having no issues with the way it is now. But sure, feel free to write a fully fledged parser that will catch all special cases :)

tigerbeard:
Sorry to revive this old topic, but after installing the Nightly April2021 the function of the OP somehow came to life keeps adding addtional head guards to files that already had them (after the initial comment).
I got rid of the unwanted feature by disabling the plugin "HeaderFixup". But there must be another way, because I never disabled any plugin before.

I would like to know if there is a setting that I can use to disable this behavior, so I can keep the plugin enabled. I tried Settings/editor/CodeCompletion/EnableHeaderCodeCompletion, but this did not do it. 

Miguel Gimenez:

--- Quote ---disabling the plugin "HeaderFixup"
--- End quote ---

Are you sure?. The plugin that adds the guards is "Header guard", and it is not configurable.

--- Code: ---/*
* Header guards for the lazy. Adds a header guard to every ".h" file that doesn't have one when saving.
* Filenames are hashed to a 64-bit hex number to support umlaut characters (and Kanji, Cyrillic, or whatever)
* regardless of file encoding, and regardless of what's legal as a C/C++ macro name
* Thomas sez: uz tis at yar own risk, an dun blam me.
*/

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version