User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Open File observation.

(1/2) > >>

Vampyre_Dark:
If I attempt to open a file by dragging it on the editor, nothing happens.

If I double click in explorer, it will open, but an error box will pop up (for no reason) telling me it couldn't find the file.

If I drag the file onto the compiler output window, it opens fine no error.

takeshimiya:

Vampyre_Dark:
Oops, forgot that. Yeah I'm using the latest release. Windows is implied I think... this is the windows forum. I haven't seen this written before I thought maybe it could help with the open file errors.

rickg22:
Yeah that bug is fixed... you might try compiling CVS (with wx2.4.2), we're tackling a freeze issue right now, when we get that squashed we'll release RC2.

Vampyre_Dark:

--- Quote from: rickg22 on October 13, 2005, 05:19:01 pm ---Yeah that bug is fixed... you might try compiling CVS (with wx2.4.2), we're tackling a freeze issue right now, when we get that squashed we'll release RC2.
--- End quote ---

IMO, I have no business touching the CVS, or any C::B source. :lol: I know less than nothing about WXWhatever you use to make the gui, so I cannot contribute anything, and there are probably 10,000 dependant apis and libs to install? :)  I'm happy to wait for the new releases.

I forgot one issue, which is that when you click on the second file in explorer, you get the message that another instance is running, instead of passing the old instance the command to open the file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version