Author Topic: BrowseTracker plugin  (Read 81191 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Re: BrowseTracker plugin
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2009, 02:23:46 pm »
Still not correct in linux :
you have at line 79 in BrowseTracker.cpp :
#include "configmanager.h

but it should be :
#include "configmanager.h"

last " is missing.
After this correction, it compiles.

Thanks.

gd-on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: BrowseTracker plugin
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2009, 02:25:51 pm »
I just can't get used to this BrowseTracker. There is a similar feature in IAR Embedded Codebench (or similar name), that's great.

The main differences are:
-there's no popup, just switch view on pressing ALT+Left/Right
-don't jump to the last editor, but to the last position - even if it's inside the same file;
 that way you can simply press ALT+Left after e.g. jump to declaration and you're back, no matter if the jump switched files
-ALT+Right works as expected, e.g. undoing what the last ALT+Left did

Actually I couldn't find out yet what ALT+Right is supposed to do with the CB BrowseTracker.

The behavior you want is like Visual Assist. All the edit position was recorded automatically, and it is easy to jump back after jump to declaration using ALT+left. (This behavior are very common, even in Acrobat reader, then I can use ALT+left/right to switch between nearly viewed PDF pages).

In current BowseTracker, you should use ALT+up/down to navigate in the same file.

For my person taste, I do suggest BrowseTracker can do this instead of holding down left mouse button to record a tracker position.  :D

I'm not sure Pecan can add this function to BrowseTracker.

Thank!
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.