Author Topic: CodeSnippets can't delete default.conf.cbTemp when exit  (Read 10386 times)

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
CodeSnippets can't delete default.conf.cbTemp when exit
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:34:31 am »
exec codesnippets.exe,it's can't delete default.conf.cbTemp file when exit.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CodeSnippets can't delete default.conf.cbTemp when exit
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:55:54 pm »
Could you be more specific. Give an example. What are the steps to reproduce the problem?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:59:24 pm »
Could you be more specific. Give an example. What are the steps to reproduce the problem?
...just do something in with the stand-alone CodeSnippets that will save it's settings in the default.conf file (e.g. go through the options dialog). Then exit the application. You will have default.conf (new) and default.conf.cbTemp (old) in the same folder.
I realised this , too but I wonder why the stand-alone executable modifies C::B's config file at all?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:22:42 pm »
...but I wonder why the stand-alone executable modifies C::B's config file at all?!

Thanks, I'll try to fix it.

It modifies its own *copy* of the config if the user makes any changes, not the config itself.

I suspect that attempting to save a copy by the same name as the conf is causing the problem. I'll check it out.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:28:40 pm by Pecan »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 04:14:54 pm »
...just do something in with the stand-alone CodeSnippets that will save it's settings in the default.conf file (e.g. go through the options dialog). Then exit the application. You will have default.conf (new) and default.conf.cbTemp (old) in the same folder.
I realised this , too but I wonder why the stand-alone executable modifies C::B's config file at all?!

I've tried 40 minutes to get the error. It won't occur for me.

Are we talking Linux or Windows?

Are you running CodeSnippets.exe with or with out CB running?
Is CodeSnippets activated or disabled in CB?

What option is being changed?
Is this caused by the first run or every run?

What folder has the default.conf and .cbtemp in it?

Can you give me a step by step?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 04:26:47 pm by Pecan »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 04:35:18 pm »
On linux (64-bit debian) I have no problems, on windows (xp sp3 32-bit) with codesnippets from svn r5488, there are also no problems, with codesnippets from svn r5549 the issue occurs.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
On linux (64-bit debian) I have no problems, on windows (xp sp3 32-bit) with codesnippets from svn r5488, there are also no problems, with codesnippets from svn r5549 the issue occurs.

I updated to 5552 and tried every combination I could think of and still cannot get the error.

I wonder if it could be an XP3 thingy. I'm using MS XP2.

At this point, I'm ready to turn the "external" feature off.

It was only created to get around wxAUI on Linux in the days when wxAUI floating windows didn't work very well. Back then, I needed a frame to do the same things on Linux that I did on Windows.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:03:46 pm by Pecan »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:53 pm »
Would someone who is getting the  error "can't delete default.conf.cbTemp" try SVN 5553 to see if it solves the problem.

thanks

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:56:47 pm »
Would someone who is getting the  error "can't delete default.conf.cbTemp" try SVN 5553 to see if it solves the problem.

thanks

For me it's still there (tested on virtual w2k sp4 machine).
It seems to be gone after reverting the changes to "configmanager.cpp" (from C::B sdk), made in svn r5534.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:03:45 pm »
It seems to be gone after reverting the changes to "configmanager.cpp" (from C::B sdk), made in svn r5534.

Sorry, my error, after reverting, it's still there, but in "$APPDATA\codesnippets", and not in "$APPDATA\codeblocks", so I did not see it at the first look.

EDIT:
It saves correctly to "default.conf", it just do not delete the ".cbTemp"-file .

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 09:21:08 pm »
Sorry, my error, after reverting, it's still there, but in "$APPDATA\codesnippets", and not in "$APPDATA\codeblocks", so I did not see it at the first look.

EDIT:
It saves correctly to "default.conf", it just do not delete the ".cbTemp"-file .

Is it just not deleting the file or is it giving some sort of error message?

Do you actually get some sort of wxMessageBox or an MS error box with an error message in it?

Or is the OP just saying that the .cbtemp file is benignly left in the folder? Is this actually a problem or just a complaint about garbage files? Am I getting thrown by the OP's use of the word "can't"?

I've been operating under the idea that this was halting the shutdown system for people.

If it's not causing an error for CB, I can just put it on the "todo" list.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:41:35 pm by Pecan »

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 02:35:13 pm »
Sorry! Since 2009-05.01, I don't use C::B, because i want build GCC on Windows/Linux/MSYS/Cygwin/Cross.

And today, I build SVN5607, and the default.conf.cbTemp still exist when quit codesnippets.exe.