Author Topic: Code::Blocks and gtkD  (Read 3898 times)

nazarel

Code::Blocks and gtkD
« on: May 03, 2009, 12:31:53 am »
I downloaded and installed C::B on Ubuntu 8.10. I downloaded and installed the gtkD library using make and sudo make install. I linked in the gtkD library (libgtkd.a) in C::B under Project > Build Options > Linker Settings and added the gtkD folder to the Project > Build Options > Search directories > Compiler, Linker, and Resource Compiler tabs.

It didn't work at first, but then I linked in libdl.a and libc.a - it now compiles with the warning:

Code
Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

It runs, but in the terminal, it reads:

Code
Segmentation Fault

I have installed the glibc-source under the synaptic package manager in Ubuntu. What am I missing? Here's the code I am trying to run (it is an example from the gtkD Dsource website):

Code
import gtk.MainWindow;
import gtk.Label;
import gtk.Main;

void main(char[][] args)
{
Main.init(args);
MainWindow win = new MainWindow("Hello World");
win.setDefaultSize(200, 100);
win.add(new Label("Hello World"));
win.showAll();

Main.run();
}

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks and gtkD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:08:07 am »
we can only really help you with C::B issues not programming/compiler issues. most likely this thread will get locked.

I recommend that you try compiling from the command line and get everything working THEN in C::B enable full compiler logging (somewhere in settings -> compiler and debugger) and make sure the same calls are occurring.

cheers

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks and gtkD
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:18:23 am »
As dmoore wrote:

not related to C::B and therefore violating our forum rules.

Topic locked !