Author Topic: Miscellaneous problems in using CB  (Read 2896 times)

Offline lehe

• Multiple posting newcomer
Miscellaneous problems in using CB
« on: March 18, 2009, 05:40:47 pm »
Hi,
I am collecting my problems met while using CB.
1. sometimes the shortkey for debug does not function and I have to press the menu item
2. is there a short key to stop debugging?
3. how to increase or decrease indentation for multiple lines?
4. sometimes out of sudden, my mouse will itself select multiple code lines when I move it around, and then CB crashes.
5. right now my CB is frozen while I am debugging and modifying code. So is my OS (ubuntu 8.10). It doesn't response to either mouse or keyboard, although my cursor is still flashing at some fixed place in CB editor and the pointer of my mouse can also move as I move my mouse.
Really appreciate your help!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 07:27:52 pm by lehe »

Offline Ganbito

Re: Miscellaneous problems in using CB
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:42:35 pm »
1. Me too, I click on the editor, and then the shortcut works.
2. By default, no. You can go to "Settings->Editor->Keyboard shorcuts" and set the short key you want.
3. Simple select the lines you want to indent/unindent and press Tab (increase) or Shift+Tab.
4. Mm.... Can this be a bug? Are you using stable 8.02 or a nightly. If you are using 8.02 you should try the latest nightly, because this can be one of the fixed bugs since 8.02.
5. As for rebuilding code the debugger must be stopped, you should stop debugging before modifying code. In any case, C::B shouln't be frozen in that case. I'm on Ubuntu 8.04.1 with the latest nightly and I didn't experience this problem.

Offline lehe

Re: Miscellaneous problems in using CB
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 10:02:22 pm »
Thanks!
4. I've always kept my CB updated. So it is the latest build 5456. This problem happens sometimes.
5. The frozen case happened just occasionally.  I got out of it by restarting my ubuntu. Is it really necessary to stop debugging before modifying code? When I do this, actually I would stop debugging later, but it doesn't mean that I intend to continue debugging without starting it over again.