Author Topic: Code::Blocks' translation  (Read 564929 times)

Offline chikigai

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks' translation
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2006, 08:02:33 am »
Hello,

I've been working on Translation through Launchpad.
Just wondering if the trunk maintained in Berlios is uploaded to the trunk at Launchpad once in a while.
Are the PO files in Launchpad currently based on significantly older source files?
Would it be better to download the latest POT files from the Berlios SVN to work on Translation?
[Development Environment]
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly Build SVN Rev.6080 wxWidgets: 2.8.10 Windows Unicode Build SVN: 1.6.x

Offline grandzebu

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2006, 07:52:09 pm »
Hello,
I'm coming back and my tool for making POT file from a nightly build is nearly ready ...
The features of this program :
- it parse all sources files (cpp, h, xrp) in a directory and its sub-directories (No need to add manually the new files) and it create the POT file (unicode 8 encodation)
- it create a PO file for a new language
- it update a PO file with a new POT file or with and other PO file
and I'm adding an editor for the translation (like poedit)
It run under Windows and is written in Visual Basic. The license will be GNU GPL.
GZ

Alexbad

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2006, 04:53:14 am »
Hi,

Do you have any idea of when official translations are gonna be available ? :)

Will the website be translated ? Forums for all languages ?

Thanks a lot ;) .

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2008, 12:24:08 pm »
@mandrav
can you update pot file in https://translations.launchpad.net/codeblocks/trunk/+pots/codeblocks
because is a bit older :) and there was so many changes in codeblocks and when you put your translation for use with codeblocks some options are missing :(

PS
i hope you understand me
sorry for my english

Offline Charon

• fnord
    • charon - where mental illness meets chronic nonsense
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2008, 02:50:09 pm »
Is there a chance that we get the translatable strings in launchpad updated so we can work on proper translations for Code::Blocks 8.02?

Thanks
Markus
hi, i am a signature virus. please copy me into your sig!
Wish list : no root-node for workspaces, open files and symbols; world domination

Offline noisy.pl

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2008, 05:17:44 pm »
Hi.

Where I should copy my *.pot file to translate my CB?

stonemind

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2008, 12:20:34 pm »
I will take care of Vietnamese.

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2008, 01:08:03 pm »
I have downloaded the spanish translation from Launchpad (.po and .mo files) and copied the .mo one to "/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES" and even to "/usr/share/locale-langpack/es/LC_MESSAGES" and I have changed the name of the .mo file to "codeblocks.mo".

I am sure that the locale of my Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64 is "es" and I have activated the setting "Internationalization" and changet it to "Available Languages" in "Settings->Environment" inside Code::Blocks svn5105.

After that I can only see a few (three) messages changed and the rest continue in English. That changes do not seem to be made by the .mo files that I have copied there.

What I am doing wrong? Have I to modify the source code as it is related in another post?

Serching for the mistake, I have edited the .mo file with poEdit and it appears to be empty (0% translation). Then, I have opened the .po spanish file and it has 100% translated, so I have saved it to a "codeblocks.mo" file and with the same result: 0% translation in poEdit, Code::Blocks still in English after copying it to the above mentioned directories.

PD: I have started Galician translation at Launchpad, with the hope of seeing Code::Blocks in Galician when I know how to do it :?

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2008, 08:06:58 pm »
poedit is made to open .po file which are text files, not .mo files which are binary files.
poedit transforms the .po text file in .mo binary file, but cannot interpret directly .mo files. (as far as I know!)
So your problem is elsewhere : a misspelled name, a lower or upper wrong case somewhere,.... a wrong path ...
As I'm under windows, and paths are differents, I can't help you more.

gd_on

PS : are you sure that your path is with /es/. May be it's /es-ES/.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:16:50 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:36 pm »
I am new to poEdit, but it seems that you are right, poEdit cannot interpret directly .mo files.
I started with the directories of the locales that are created at the moment, and there is no "/es-ES/" so I started trying with "/es/". But, as it seems not to work, I start trying "es_ES" (locales uses underscore), but I also try "es-ES" and some other similar locales that I remmember from my tests with other linux distributions (Debian, Opensuse, Fedora...). Then I have tried to copy spanish "codeblocks.mo" to all the locales just for try... and nothing works.

At the end, I tried the path that appers in this link http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Internationalization: /usr/X11R6/share/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/, but it seems that it is not the path that Ubuntu uses for internationalization.

In the wiki says that we have to edit a source file, but I have thinked that in this case it is not necessary, and I have installed Code::Blocks from .deb files build for us by Xaviou (http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,8688.msg63302.html#msg63302).

PD: I will continue using C::B even if I cannot translate it, because it is (for me) the best IDE for C++ and wxWidgets at the moment (and I have tested all that I found).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:45:33 pm by Ganbito »

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2008, 12:42:16 pm »
I started with internationalization under my own project and, after no little pain, I get it to work and then: "Well, now that I know how to make wxWidgets internationalization work, let's have a look on Code::Blocks's source code about internationalization".

I downloaded the source through svn and opened it with C::B. I found the function "Initlocale()" where it seems that you start the locales. I see that you add a "path" to search catalog that I don't knew what was it so I added a simple "wxMessageBox(path, wxT("path"));" to see what was it. That wxMessageBox said (after "make install"):
Code
/usr/share/codeblocks/locale

So putting the ".mo" file to the default folder "/usr/share/locale/<language>" do nothing for C::B. Then I put "_codeblocks-es.mo" to "/usr/share/codeblocks/locale" and it works!

I realised that the name of the ".mo" is not important, it works fine at least if you have only 1 ".mo" in that folder. I think that happens because I do not choose a particular language in "Settings->Environment...", but "Available languages". I also test that putting the ".mo" to a subfolder "es/LC_MESSAGES" or "es_ES/LC_MESSAGES" make it not to work.

The subfolder "locale" under "/usr/share/codeblocks" has to be created manually, it has not been created by the installation.

I think that the wiki have to be changed to reflect this for new users.

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2008, 08:03:05 pm »
I reinstalled my SO updating it to Ubuntu 8.04.1 (64 bits).

Unfortunately, Code::Blocks localization does not work with this version. It seems that is not a problem of Code::Blocks itself, because it works well under the previous Ubuntu version, but I thought that I should tell you about that.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2008, 07:48:17 pm »
I wanted to update my French version of Code::Blocks, but I have several problems :
1) pot file on launchpad site is too old and does not reflect actual code status. I've heard an update will be done with 8.02 version, but apparently it has not been done.
2) pot files on svn trunk are also outdated.
3) I thought I could use extract.bat and extract.bash files from svn, but this last one use a -P option in grep. My grep does not support this (I'm on windows xp with mingw32 4.2.1 tools, msys...). I'm able to do this in 2 times, first on .cpp files only and secondly on .h files only (but adding grep filters to avoid files containing svn-base or html in their names).
4) Some items or labels are now placed in .xrc files (for example in project_menu_import.xrc). Apparently, xgettext does not recognize those files and I don't know if it's possible to use it to extract those item and put them in a .pot file. I tried, but without success.
5) finally, if I want to use my .mo file on an other computer running Linux, I have not found where to put it. I tried in /usr/share/codeblock/locale as proposed earlier by Ganbito. It worked with Redhat 5, but administrators have been obliged to downgrade in Redhat 4.7 for compatibilies reasons with other sofwares. If I put my codeblocks.mo as previously in that folder, it does not work, and others places suggested by Ganbito does not work too. So, where is supposed to be placed this file in linux ? Depends of the distribution, the version ? Not clear for me.

gd_on

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:57:14 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2008, 08:36:22 pm »
Do you know http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Internationalization ?
It's a litlle bit outdated, but extraction should work.
The batch-file can easily be adapted for linux.
To fetch all strings use also "-k_T" as option for "xgettext".
No changes to sourcecode have to be made.

Try "/usr/share/codeblocks/locale/[your_language]" (for german I use "/usr/share/codeblocks/locale/de_DE/codeblocks.mo") .