Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Code::Blocks' translation

<< < (51/56) > >>

Miguel Gimenez:
I think title, description, thanksto, license, name and version should need translation.I added _() to them in [r13015] and [r13016].

Title and description are a must.
Thanksto may be needed if it contains something like "My mother".
License may contain "Modified wcWidgets license"
Name is not too interesting, but may be needed.
Version will usually be numbers/dots, but it could contain other strings.

Curiously enough, title for CodeCompletion, DebuggerGDB and others appear in the POT, while others do not.

gd_on:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on November 12, 2022, 07:24:16 pm ---I think title, description, thanksto, license, name and version should need translation.I added _() to them in [r13015] and [r13016].

Title and description are a must.

--- End quote ---
Done

--- Quote ---Thanksto may be needed if it contains something like "My mother".

--- End quote ---
Done

--- Quote ---License may contain "Modified wcWidgets license"

--- End quote ---
Done, but as it is the last field, it works only if the text is on 1 line (it's always the case)

--- Quote ---Name is not too interesting, but may be needed.

--- End quote ---
Not done.

--- Quote ---Version will usually be numbers/dots, but it could contain other strings.

--- End quote ---
Not done

--- Quote ---Curiously enough, title for CodeCompletion, DebuggerGDB and others appear in the POT, while others do not.

--- End quote ---
This is because the strings are also found in other files (as .cpp for example).

I also tried author but it's not easy:

* One manifest (wxSmithAUI) contains characters with accents in the author name. xgettext does not like them. A workaround is to replace these characters with ascii one (no accents)
* it is difficult to separate athor, authorMail and authorWeb fields. If the 1srt one may need a translation (in some cases where there is a co-author plus a small translatable text), others do not need translation
* some names appear several times in the .pot file, just becase they are not stricly the same: a space, a !, a capital letter... Note that it is also the case for some other strings in other fields
You'll find attached a modified version of the batch file and the .pot generated. Need still some work...

gd_on

Miguel Gimenez:
Thank you.

"Not done" means "won't do"?. If yes, I will remove the _() from those fields in dlgaboutplugin.cpp.

Author usually does not need translation, unless it is something like "The wxWidgets team". I will remove accents from wxSmithAUI.
Author's mail and web will not need translation.

--- Quote ---some names appear several times in the .pot file, just becase they are not stricly the same: a space, a !, a capital letter... Note that it is also the case for some other strings in other fields
--- End quote ---
This is a nightmare, but little can be done now. Another problem are wxSmith-generated strings, they always use _() even for numbers.

New code should be more translator-friendly, but currently it is not.

gd_on:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on November 13, 2022, 01:56:10 pm ---"Not done" means "won't do"?. If yes, I will remove the _() from those fields in dlgaboutplugin.cpp.

--- End quote ---
I think I can add but I think it's not needed. No real benefit.

gd_on:
A updated version of my translatable string extracting tool can be found here.
It is able to scan new translatable strings in manifest.
The english template on Launchpad has not been still updated (https://launchpad.net/codeblocks-gd).
My previous update was approved but not still imported in the data base. I cannot update more, I cannot also download a translation file: the download request is accepted but I don't receive the mail to download it. Is there a problem on launchpad ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version