Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

Code::Blocks' translation

<< < (50/56) > >>

gd_on:
A new updated version of my translatable string extracting tool can be found here.
It is able to scan new translatable strings in plugin scripts.
The english template on Launchpad has also been updated (https://launchpad.net/codeblocks-gd) [appoved but not still imported in the data base]
However, for translators, many of the new strings are only partial sentences. As the word order in the recomposed full sentences may depend on the language, it is advisable not to translate them and to wait for a future rework on them.

Miguel Gimenez:
Main plugin's manifest.xml contents appear in the POT, but not those from the contrib folder.

For example, the debuggergdb plugin's contents are in the POT, but those in regex_testbed from contrib are not.

With [r13017] you can see the difference, for example, in the Help -> Plugins menu.

In you bash file, the line

--- Code: ---find ../plugins | grep -F manifest | grep -F .xml | grep -v svn-base | grep -v .svn | xargs sed -n -e '/description/,/>/p' | sed '/author/d' | sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/\n/\\n/g' | sed 's/""//g' | sed 's/>\\n/>'"\\${nl}"'/g' | sed 's/&quot;/\\"/g' | sed 's/&amp;/\&/g' >  src_xml3.cpp 2>> log.txt

--- End code ---
should be modified to do a recursive search (or add another line for plugins/contrib).

EDIT: why don't you use

--- Code: ---find ../plugins -name manifest.xml
--- End code ---
instead of

--- Code: ---find ../plugins | grep -F manifest | grep -F .xml
--- End code ---

gd_on:

--- Quote ---EDIT: why don't you use

--- Code: ---find ../plugins -name manifest.xml

--- End code ---
instead of

--- Code: ---find ../plugins | grep -F manifest | grep -F .xml

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

because there are a few manifest in Smartindent as manifest_cpp.xml, manifest_fortran.xml,... which are missed with only manifest.xml

Decoding an xml file is not so simple than a cpp or a .h file. I first extract lines containing some specific strings as description, author, ... to create a pseudo cpp file, here src_xml3.cpp. It needs some adjustments : that the reason of all the intermediate sed modifications. Then this pseudo cpp is concatenated and analyzed. Doing like that, the real origin of the string is lost, but normally it should be there. find itself do a recursive analysis.
Nevertheless, it's possible that I have missed something, a specific field, maybe the line containing "title" ?
In the regex_testbed manifest, the description "A testbed for regular expressions." is in the .pot file, and is translated in my po file. This proves that find does the recursive job...

Miguel Gimenez:
The title Regular expressions testbed does not appear, for example.

gd_on:
So, you mean that I should detect the "title" line in the manifest.xml? (or the "name" line? or both?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version