Author Topic: Code::Blocks' translation  (Read 564996 times)

Almorca

Re: Code::Blocks' translation
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 09:56:35 pm »
I would like translate C::B to spanish.

I have download the .pot file and I will start briefly the translation.

Offline Revvy

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 11:54:35 pm »
I never realized there were so many strings o.O  This is going to take a while...
Cheers,
Revvy

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 05:04:26 pm »
:D
Thx ;)

ocloma

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 07:39:31 pm »
you need help to spanish translation? I believe that I can help. :D

Almorca

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2006, 09:31:09 pm »
you need help to spanish translation? I believe that I can help. :D

I have not started with the translation because I have exams. I will start in March.

Offline bitcero

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2006, 10:47:57 pm »
Spanish ?, i can help !!
hablo español , y estoy disponible  para lo que se necesite en este excelente proyecto!

i'm from colombia!

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 10:56:54 pm »
who needs really any translation ?

i hate localized versions of programming tools.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 11:10:00 pm »
I do really prefer English versions, even more in programming tools, but it's more friendly for some ppl to have it in the language they're so used to read and write.

I'm also from Colombia and I know a lot of ppl who always prefer Spanish versions if available, so it wouldn't be that bad after all.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 11:57:10 am »
I am more for english version of OSs and software :). This is very good especially when you work on projects with partners of other native languages.

Anyway, to translate C::B in different languages could make it accessible for users who do not speak english. This IMHO would be a positve thing :).

Michael

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 04:21:50 pm »
You say that because you master English.But people who don't are like disabled.They can't access at nearly 90% of the web.
It doesn't really matter for programming softwares since programmers usually speak English.
However,there will always help someone.So I guess it's not useless.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 05:11:20 pm »
Localisation should be a matter of convenience, not of understanding.

If you are really unable to understand what is going on because something is in English, then sorry... but this is as if a blind man was attempting to drive a car.
You cannot possibly develop software or study computer science (or be active in any other scientific area) without sufficient skill in English. Seriously, a good Enlish course is the best investment that you can make. Most technical documentation and almost all scientific papers are in English (as is most of the Internet), and it is not a particularly complicated language, either. ;)

Personally, I don't like localised development tools. These confuse the hell out of me. Not only are many translations really pathetic (quite often, they make you shout "what the F@~* is this supposed to mean!!!"), but your brain has to switch between two languages all the time, which is tiring. Certainly, other people have different preferences, but like I said, this is a matter of convenience.

For me, localised versions are acceptable (and desirable) for example for a word processor or for a window manager, because you usually write your letters (or work, in general) in the same language. Also, most "everyday" menu items are not technical terms from CS, so the overall risk of incomprehensible translations such as "Laufwerk aushängen" or "Automatische Eingabeaufforderung für ActiveX-Steuerelemente" is not too great (I have to read this five times to understand what it's supposed to mean...).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 05:17:22 pm »
I don't like tranlated versions of development tools. I guess 90% of programmers don't like either.

But, you need to know, that the newbies and people starting to grown on programming, can't do if they don't have the localized version. Too much new stuff for them.

I remember years ago, using Visual Basic localized, and it helped a lot in that time (because I didn't knew english).

So please stop this discussion.
Localization is always needed, even if most people don't like them.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 05:26:08 pm »
I don't like tranlated versions of development tools. I guess 90% of programmers don't like either.
I agree since most of English terms are untranslatable into our native language.But we have to stop our discussion,otherwise ....
Localization is always needed, even if most people don't like them.

www.toutfr.com which translates softwares into French has 5 000 visitors a day.I mean people ask for translations.

Offline Szabadember

• That's me!
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006, 11:50:53 pm »
I'm 17 and i'm learning german for 11 and english for 7 years, i have my german diploma for 3years now.
I would like to translate Code Blocks to hungarian and german. ;)

Offline heromyth

• http://
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2006, 02:32:36 am »
After CB uses default.conf as its configure file or is built with UNICODE mode, the internationalize of CB seems more difficult than before.
I don't want to say much more lest so many people be annoyed. :P
I'll try to solve them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:35:24 am by heromyth »