Author Topic: Dots in project name and Output Dir  (Read 3152 times)

x.Passion.And.The.Opera.x

Dots in project name and Output Dir
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:50:08 pm »
Ok, this is my first post, and i'll like to coment a little problem that i'm having here ...

Basically, this "bug" (or missconfiguration maybe?) is seen when you create a project with dots in his name, for example, I was using Symphony.Core for a Dinamyc Link Library project, and set the output directory to ../lib/Release/Symphony.Core.dll and after a save and close of Code::Blocks the output was reset to ../lib/Release/Symphony.dll ...

this happened with 6 projects...
All projects reset to the output filename to Symphony.dll

I have activated "Auto-generate filename prefix" and "Auto-generate filename extension", I actually don't get what these 2 do, so, i'm not sure if I can call this a "Bug" ...

I'm using the 02/14 Nightly Build on Windows XP SP2

Aaaand ...
I'd like to say thanks for such amazing IDE =)
and sorry for my bad english  :oops:

Alex~

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Dots in project name and Output Dir
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »
I have activated "Auto-generate filename prefix" and "Auto-generate filename extension", I actually don't get what these 2 do, so, i'm not sure if I can call this a "Bug" ...

The name of library in this example is "default".

The option "Auto-generate filename prefix" will sometimes change library name to use a prefix like "lib"; so, the library name becomes "libdefault" for example.

The option "Auto-generate filename extension" will sometimes change library name to use an suffix like ".dll" or ".a"; so, the library name becomes "default.dll" for example.

Each compiler might use different prefixes and suffices; the option Auto-generate allows the filename to change when changing Compiler or Library type.

Tim S
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:24:42 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

x.Passion.And.The.Opera.x

Re: Dots in project name and Output Dir
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:37:00 pm »
So, I might consider it a bug and submit it as so, well, thanks for the info Tim, I was thinking something like that, but, i wasn't sure =S
I'll test if unchecking those keeps the original output filename or is just something for using "On the fly" ....

Thanks Again, Alex~

Edit : Submitted here (just a simple copypaste of the post)

Edit 2 : Bug Solved in 1 day, waw, that's efficience O_O - thanks again to the Code::Blocks Team  (i'm gonna say it 1000 times if necessary, really, thanks =)   )
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:42:56 pm by x.Passion.And.The.Opera.x »