Author Topic: Difference from branch and trunk...  (Read 10381 times)

Offline daniloz

• Regular
Difference from branch and trunk...
« on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:59 am »
Hello All,

I'm using both the svn branch and trunk versions and I see a big difference: the trunk version finds all my #defines and shows them in the symbols list and completion, but the branch version only finds some of them. I couldn't yet figure out which ones are in or out...

Any hints? Can anyone confirm this? Solutions? :D

Thx in advance...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Difference from branch and trunk...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 11:22:13 am »
trunk is the version used for nightlies, the features here are normally tested and stable, but may (of course) contain bugs.

If you say branch, you should specify more exactly which branch you use, there are several branches. The most of them are outdated, but new features, that change  essential parts of C::B are normally also tested in special test-branches.

Offline daniloz

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 11:27:28 am »
branch = codecompletion_refactoring as in the section of the forum... :)

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:34:01 pm »
can you post the codes which are not parsed , so I  can check into it.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline daniloz

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:48:37 pm »
It's difficult because it's part of a big project, but I'll try to make a small test project out of it... it will take a couple of days though... sorry...

Offline daniloz

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 01:24:53 pm »
Hi again,

I'm back after a while, sorry... But I managed to put together a small project to reproduce my problem (and a new one that a found as well  8) ). Here it is:

Code
//enum TNoNoCpp {ENUM_1,ENUM_2};

typedef struct tagS
{
int a;
int b;
} STest;

void main()
{
    STest z;
    STest t[4];
    STest tt[2][2];

z.a;
    t[1].b;
    tt[2][1].;
}

For the code as it is above, the code-completion founds "tagS" and "STest" and give me suggestions when I type "z." and "t[1].", but not when using the double array "tt[2][1].". This is happening on both the latest nightly build (r5731), trunk r5755, trunk r5780 and codecompletion_refactoring branch r5780.

Now, if I uncomment the enum line, the code-completion lists on the symbol window just "TNoNoCpp" and don't car about the rest of the file anymore when I use the the trunk r5780 (which contains the code-completion code from the branch) and codecompletion_refactoring branch r5780, but everything works as expected in the latest nightly build (r5731) and trunk r5755.

The last bug was the originator of my post. I happens on all files after an enum definition.

#EDIT# I've updated to trunk r5790 and now the enum issue is solved. However, I noticed another thing. Even though, I see both "tagS" and "STest" in the symbol browser, only when I click on "tagS" I can see the members, but not when I click on "STest". I'd expect to see them on both, don't you?

So, right now, I'm stuck with the latest nightly build (r5731)... ;)   
#EDIT# OK, I'm using trunk r5790 now and I'm very happy with it.  :P  But still, the first bug is there...

Once again, thk in advance
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:42:47 pm by daniloz »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 04:56:55 pm »
Even though, I see both "tagS" and "STest" in the symbol browser, only when I click on "tagS" I can see the members, but not when I click on "STest". I'd expect to see them on both, don't you?

I tested it on my local copy(latest trunk version)  and TDM-MinGW 4.4.0.

This is true. Because the STest is regarded as a derived class from tagS. If you press "ctrl + shift " + double click, then exam these class in the dialog. see below:

Currently, in Symbol browser, I don't think a derived class will show all it's ancestor's public members. :D
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 03:31:57 am »
The bug can fixed by this patch, see this post and screenshot:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11187.msg76627.html#msg76627
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.