Author Topic: Compiling CodeBlocks: wxWidgets version and configure options  (Read 6473 times)

Offline chrisstankevitz

• Single posting newcomer
Compiling CodeBlocks: wxWidgets version and configure options
« on: August 30, 2009, 04:06:28 am »
Hello,

CodeBlocks will not compile on my linux machine with this error:
Code
../../../../../../OutsideSource/codeblocks/src/include/toolsmanager.h:46: error: 'ToolsList::Node' has not been declared

Questions:

1. Which version of wxWidgets should I be using to compile CodeBlocks?
2. Which configure parameters should I be pasing to CodeBlocks's build of wxWidgets?
3. Where would I go to find the answers to these questions if you did not answer them for me?

Thank you,

Chris

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Compiling CodeBlocks: wxWidgets version and configure options
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 09:12:21 am »
Search the forum, before asking, search words:
Code
error: 'ToolsList::Node' has not been declared

The first hit (at least when I search) gives you the answer.

In short don't use --enable-stl for compiling wxWidgets or you have to patch C::B's source-code, but you will most likely be more or less on your own, if you do so.

About the configure parameters:

If I compile a debug-version wx28 myself, I use (more or less) the same configure line, than the debian-builds from apt.wxwidgets.org do:
Code
../configure --prefix=/home/jens/wx-tmp --cache-file=../config_deb.cache --with-flavour= --with-zlib=sys --disable-reserved_virtual --enable-unicode --with-gtk --enable-mediactrl --enable-sound --with-sdl --enable-display --enable-geometry --enable-graphics_ctx --with-libjpeg=sys --with-libpng=sys --with-libtiff=sys --with-opengl --enable-debug
I only added the --enable-debug (you don't need it normally) and the prefix is changed.
If you use wx2.9 you also need --enable-aui, but you will run into trouble with C::B's sources, because they are not "wx2-9-ready" now.

Offline chrisstankevitz

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Compiling CodeBlocks: wxWidgets version and configure options
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 09:54:44 am »
Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for suggesting I search.  FYI I did search -- I prefer to get my answer from searching (immediately) vs. waiting for a response.

Your recommendation to --disable-stl agrees with my finding when disecting the compiler error message.  I did --disable-stl, but it still didn't work.  Your confirmation forced me to take a closer look at my setup.   Turns out I configured CB using "--with-wx-widgets=" instead of "--with-wx-config=".  So CB was building using the wxWidgets installed at /usr/local instead of ~/usr/local.

Thanks again,

Chris