User forums > Help

GNU GCC Compiler is compiling REALLY slow.

<< < (8/8)

tiwag:

--- Quote from: thomas on October 09, 2005, 10:59:08 pm ---Thanks, will be first thing I try tomorrow morning :)

--- End quote ---
did it work for you ?

thomas:
Before: "0 minutes 5 seconds", after: "0 minutes 0 seconds".
Hmm.... unquestionable. So now I have to figure what I am doing wrong.

The only two differences I see are you use // instead of /**/ for the top comment and you include everything via one file. Will try either of these and see what it does. Thank you :)

tiwag:

--- Quote from: thomas on October 10, 2005, 01:54:06 pm ---Before: "0 minutes 5 seconds", after: "0 minutes 0 seconds".
Hmm.... unquestionable. So now I have to figure what I am doing wrong.

--- End quote ---
probably nothing :)

--- Quote from: thomas ---The only two differences I see are you use // instead of /**/ for the top comment

--- End quote ---
forget that, the lines should be deleted, they are commented because i tried a while and several ways until i got it working...

--- Quote from: thomas --- you include everything via one file.
--- End quote ---
That's the important one, only one header-file (in this case precomp.h)can be pre-compiled! of course there can be added more headers if your project grows and needs additional headers...

Did you manage to produce the precomp.h.gch ? (size about 43 MB)
After this file exists in the same directory where precomp.h also resides, you can recompiling your project using the precompiled header-file.

It is important to use the -Winvalid-pch  compiler option in order to get information if the precompiled header could be used or not.
If there are warnings regarding the precompiled header,
NOT ALL compiler options were the same when pre-compiling the header-file as they are now at the time of compiling.

thomas:
Got it working now, thanks :) It was indeed the "only one header file" thing.

Now it takes 5 seconds instead of 20 seconds compiling cb::svn. 75% saved :)

tiwag:

--- Quote from: thomas ---Got it working now...
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version