Author Topic: ARM 9 development  (Read 7943 times)

M.i.k.e

ARM 9 development
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:39:59 am »
Hi,

I'm using an ARM9(AT91SAM9RL64) core and intend to design a GUI for my Project.

I am using Eclipse (along with the yagarto toolchain) for coding. The X libraries(normally associated with Linux) are a part of this toolchain and provides various funtions to create objects, etc.

I have tried these functions (XDrawlines, XFillPolygon, etc) in Linux(REDHAT) and got some ideas as to how these functions are to be used.

However, i am a bit lost when i have to implement these functions in the ARM9. Could you give me a head start as to how to implement these functions in the ARM9 (note: i don't intend to use the Linux kernel in the ARM, i am creating a Standalone GUI).

I will be using SDRAM (around 8MB) in my application for buffering the LCD. Oh, btw, i'm using a 240 (RGB) x 320 resoultion LCD in 16 bit mode.

Things i know till now:

- SDRAM config and use
- LCD config and use
- ARM config and use
- using the Xlib for displaying custom objects.

Things i'm confused about:

- using the same Xlib in ARM to create to display on the LCD.

Thanks

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: ARM 9 development
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:53:56 am »
I am using Eclipse (along with the yagarto toolchain) for coding. The X libraries(normally associated with Linux) are a part of this toolchain and provides various funtions to create objects, etc.

You know that this is neiter an Eclipse nor a general programming forum ?

If you have a question related to C::B (how to setup C::B to work with your toolchain for example) you are free to ask here.

General questions like yours (especially if they are in no way related with C::B) should be asked in appropriate forums (X libraries or maybe Eclipse in your case).

Topic locked.

Feel free to start a new topic if you have a question that does not violate our forum rules.