Author Topic: decoration-less code completion in Linux  (Read 4458 times)

idea117

decoration-less code completion in Linux
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:18:21 am »
I recently downloaded the CVS version of code::blocks, and quite honestly, I think its awesome. I did however, notice that the code completion on Linux pops up a window with the window decorations still on the window. This seems a bit non-standard... Changing line 64 in cclist.cpp fixes the problem:

BEFORE:
wxFRAME_NO_TASKBAR | wxRESIZE_BORDER | wxNO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

AFTER:
wxFRAME_NO_TASKBAR | wxSIMPLE_BORDER | wxNO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

Does anyone else think this is a worthwhile fix? Maybe someone could drop this in the CVS? That'd be cool. Anyway, awesome IDE.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: decoration-less code completion in Linux
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 08:34:07 am »
Does it still resize?
If yes, it 'll be put in CVS :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

idea117

Re: decoration-less code completion in Linux
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 09:21:28 am »
Hmmm. Doesnt seem to be. :-/ On my machine though, with the stock CVS code, the dialog still isnt resizable - ie, attempting to resize it results in it closing automagically, everytime. Even when using the hotkeys that resize windows, it still disappears without effectively resizing. Maybe it works on windows? (Dont have it installed) Either way, in wxGTK, it seems there is no easy way to have that thing both resizable and borderless (or actually even just resizeable). I played with all of the different style constants, and couldnt come up with anything that had both of those properties on linux... Bummer.