Author Topic: Code Completition questions.  (Read 2430 times)

Offline pkrcel

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code Completition questions.
« on: December 09, 2008, 02:26:14 pm »
Hi there Code::Blocks Community.

I have YET a question about codecompletition, I've done several forum searches and I even looked at the bug list
to find out a picture of the thing (one such bug, "Bug #11792", is exactly my experience, even thou
I do currently *not* think it's a bug but maybe something I'm doing wrong), but I haven't been able to obtain
the desired codecompletition behaviour and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong....if ever.

To exemplify what I mean I'll refer to an simple SDL project I am putting up based on the SDL wizard
(leaving out of the game my embedded STM32 projects, cause it's much SDL more common).

Basically, I 've set all the proper include paths through #sdl envvar, and my projects (albeit simple)
are compiling+liniking+running okay, even those Nehe "newlessons" (which are built over SDL+OpenGL)
 are building and running noproblem on my WinXP + C::B 8.02 + MinGW installation.

I have either a C project (that is the one that comes with the C::B wizard), than a couple C++ ones
which show the same beaviour....
...and is how Codecompletition is supposed to work on external libraries like SDL.
(so far I've tried *ONLY* SDL thou)

I mean, when I enter something like "SDL_Q" codecompletition kicks in but it show me only Defines,
Macros, Typdefs, Types but NOT functions.

So for example I have in the codecompletition popup list the items like "SDL_QUERY", "SDL_QUIT" [the enum'ed type event, not the function] and the item SDL_QuitEvent...but not the SDL_Quit() function for example.

The only functions (shown with the tiny "public method" icon) that pop up if I type "SDL_" are the SDL_swap*
ones...

This leads me to think that I should set something more in the C/C++ parser options for the project, or the global include paths..or whatever....I have tried (I think) all of these, but can't have the codecompletition show me the functions no matter
what.

I know codecompletition questions have already been asked a number of times but I tried everything that was answered in those topics and can't find a way to get things sorted out.

Obviously, nothing stops me from coding SDL project since codecompletition is "nice to have" and not necessary, but
I guess it'll help me avoid a number of errors and typos :-)

Please, if anybody got the way it has to be done lett me know :)

Thanks in advance to all the community

-Andy