Author Topic: wxWidgets 2.6.2 and CVS C::B  (Read 7077 times)

sethjackson

wxWidgets 2.6.2 and CVS C::B
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:25:53 pm »
Umm so I download wxWidgets 2.6.2 compile it with the wiki options. download the latest CVS version of C::B, and compile. Well It stops compiling on wxScintilla.

It says:

Switching to target: scintilla
Linking dynamic library: devel\wxscintilla.dll
Creating library file: devel\libwxscintilla.a
.objs\2.6\sdk\wxscintilla\src\ScintillaWX.o: In function `ZN11ScintillaWXC2EP11wxScintilla':
C:/Documents and Settings/Seth/Desktop/codeblocks/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/ScintillaWX.cpp:182: undefined reference to `wxDC::DoDrawSpline(wxList*)'
C:/Documents and Settings/Seth/Desktop/codeblocks/src/sdk/wxscintilla/src/ScintillaWX.cpp:182: undefined reference to `wxDC::DoDrawSpline(wxList*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 20 seconds)

Do I need wxWidgets 2.6.1?

Also, I didn't build wxSTC. If it makes any difference.

sethjackson

Re: wxWidgets 2.6.2 and CVS C::B
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 07:01:53 pm »
Nevermind this thread I forgot to replace my old wxWidgets libwxmws26.a with the new one LOL. :oops:

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 08:11:47 pm »
Then, it might be a good time to update the C::B version in your signature ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 10:05:53 pm »
Yeah I guess so.  :lol:

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 02:55:15 pm »
Hehe, I had almost the same problem.. the only thing I didn't change was the dll, so my C::B chrashed :lol:
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline fiammy

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Nebulagame
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 09:21:18 am »
This is one of the reasons I like having DevPaks on windows. If the devpak is done well, and all the files are in the right spots so you don't need to fiddle around with it, it can ease the removal of an old and the installation of a new version.

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 06:26:30 pm »
i tried also C::B build using wx262 and discovered a number of flaws :
* the Project pane's split-window position isn't restored
* the "Build target:" drop-down list doesn't work correctly - selection with the mouse pointer doesn't work

i didn't investigate further and switched back to wx261

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 01:16:11 am »
i tried also C::B build using wx262 and discovered a number of flaws :
* the Project pane's split-window position isn't restored
* the "Build target:" drop-down list doesn't work correctly - selection with the mouse pointer doesn't work

i didn't investigate further and switched back to wx261

Well for some reason the most recent CVS snapshot I compiled, won't show the window C::B executes but then it goes into a minimized state that won't ever maximize or show on the screen. It is shown on the taskbar but when I click on it it does nothing. I can right click and close it though... Otherwise tiwag I noticed the same thing. Is there something I can do/change to get C::B to work with wx262?

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 09:00:09 am »
Well for some reason the most recent CVS snapshot I compiled, won't show the window C::B executes but then it goes into a minimized state that won't ever maximize or show on the screen. It is shown on the taskbar but when I click on it it does nothing. I can right click and close it though... Otherwise tiwag I noticed the same thing. Is there something I can do/change to get C::B to work with wx262?

I had that problem a couple of times a while back (with wx261 though), I think right-click on taskbar item -> restore fixed it. Or maybe it was maximize. Something like that.

sethjackson

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 07:20:58 pm »

I had that problem a couple of times a while back (with wx261 though), I think right-click on taskbar item -> restore fixed it. Or maybe it was maximize. Something like that.

Yeah I right clicked on it and clicked maximize and it came right up. Is this a bug?.....