Author Topic: [Solved] Migrating a rather large project from Visual C++ to Codeblocks  (Read 4083 times)

Offline doyos

• Single posting newcomer
I suppose reading a tutorial of some variety though could help in this situation, but I am about to head to sleep and it would be magical if someone could either point me to a place where I can help myself or give some pointers. Anyway, I have imported the Visual C++ solution into Codeblocks, but the following error comes up.

In Linux, it would go through the compile although run into a good deal of errors based on various code things that I will need to alter a bit, but I can handle that part as it is merely C++ code. What I do not get is why I get this error when using Codeblocks in Windows using the same version of Codeblocks, with the same .sln file imported and such. Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer. Cheers. =]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:31:31 pm by doyos »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Migrating a rather large project from Visual C++ to Codeblocks
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 04:49:34 pm »
Please turn on full commandline logging and post the build log:

change "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global compiler settings -> Other settings(rightmost tab)" "Compiler logging" to "Full commandline"

Offline doyos

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 04:58:22 pm »

Now that I see this I think the issue could be related to include paths, but then again I am not certain. Thanks for the help. =]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »
The problem seems to be the space between "Debug" and "Win32".

It might help to update your MinGW installation to a more recent one

If not, try to put your code (and object-dirs, etc) in a path with no spaces included.

Offline doyos

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:38 pm »
The problem seems to be the space between "Debug" and "Win32".

It might help to update your MinGW installation to a more recent one

If not, try to put your code (and object-dirs, etc) in a path with no spaces included.
Ah behold, an overly simple issue. xD Interestingly enough, I am close to getting things to compile in Linux now via Codeblocks, which is dandy. =] Just need to make it stop looking for ws2_32, aka winsock. >_> Cheers.

EDIT: Found the option. Wish me luck. =3

Update: Only one project away from having everything building in Linux. After that I make some targets for Win32 and will be completely migrated. Dandy program I must say. =]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:23:24 am by doyos »