Author Topic: codeblocks compiler configuration for ARM (xscale) processors  (Read 11960 times)

bcouillard

codeblocks compiler configuration for ARM (xscale) processors
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:53:09 pm »
Hi,

I've installed Code blocks on my pc and so far I think it's great. However, I have trouble integrating the compiler with code blocks. I'm using windows Vista btw and I can't switch back to XP.

Right now, if I want to compile I do the following :

• I open a cygwin shell and go to my work directory
  • I type "make XYZ.FLASH.srec"

Afterwards, the file XYZ.FLASH.srec is generated and I can program my board with it. However, It's troublesome to debug this way, it's hard to spot warnings and I have to scroll a lot to find where the errors are in my code.

Basically, I'd like to setup Code blocks to compile using the xscale-gcc. The gcc files specific for the xscale processor are in the directory "C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin" while "make.exe" is in the directory "C:\cygwin\bin".

I've read some tutorials on the internet, but they don't seem to work on my pc. Do you guys think it's because I use Vista?

THanks for your help.

braille

Re: codeblocks compiler configuration for ARM (xscale) processors
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:28:03 pm »
Heya, Yeah I contacted a tech support (Wiley) for this program. They said the compiler for codeblocks was not compatiable with Vista. I was hoping there would be a plug in or a way to change the default compiler. I mean I am sure there is, I dont want to have to install XP (as that is what the compiler is compatible with). On the other hand I was told that windows 7 professional has XP as an alt OS. Meaning you can run XP while running windows 7. You can then use the codeblocks program on xp and still be using an updated version of windows. Vista in all it's glory really does suck.