Author Topic: wxwidgets problems  (Read 6445 times)

Offline leg0las

• Single posting newcomer
wxwidgets problems
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:03:52 pm »
Hi code:blockers!

First of all I want to admit, that I am a noob and my mother tounge isn't English, so pls be not to hard with me :)

I have a problem with creating a wxwidgets project. I want my programm to run on different PC's without installing wxwidgets on all PC's.
I have read, that somehow I can make the wxwidgets static and then it would run on every pc only with the .exe file. But I couldn't find how to do this. (2 days searching!!!)
Also if I start the .exe in the bin\release folder there is the message "The application couldn't start, because 'wxmsw28u_gcc.dll" was not found."

system:
Windows XP SP2
Code::Blocks 8.02
wxwidgets 2.8

I know that a lot of you will think, that I'm stupid and not able to search, but I really searched in google, yahoo and the search-Funktion in this forum and couldn't find the solution after 2 days!!

It would be a really great help, if somebody could write an answer and tell me how to do..

Thx Leg0las
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:07:49 pm by leg0las »

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: wxwidgets problems
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 09:33:50 pm »
Follow the wxWindowsQuickRef, but use SHARED=0 when building wxWidgets and make sure the "Use wxWidgets DLL" box in the wizard is not checked. You may have to add additional wxWidgets libraries in your project's build options to avoid "undefined reference" errors.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline leg0las

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 06:55:09 pm »
Thanks for your help!

But as you said there are now about 50 'undefined reference' errors. I tried to add libraries to the project but the errors are still there.
They are all lokking the same:
"C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\Lib\libwxmsw28u.a (monolib_string.o):string.cpp:(.text+0xf0d)   undefined reference to '__Unwind Resume'"

I did:
Project->Build options...->Linker Settings->Add->"C:\SourceCode\Libraries\wxWidgets2.8\Lib\libwxmsw28u.a"
But it didn't work. Was the same.

Please help me a second time. I know this is easy for you, but I'm only a beginner :)

Thx

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:19:16 pm »
"__Unwind_*" undefined references crop up when you try to mix object files compiled with two different versions of GCC. You probably need to rebuild wxWidgets.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline leg0las

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:54:56 pm »
Ok i will try it!

Thank you  :)

Offline leg0las

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:34:27 pm »
Now I reinstalled CodeBlocks and wxWidgets as you said, but if I want to create a new wxwidgets project, there is the Message "A matching Debug configuration cann't be found in the wxwidgets Directorym you specified."

I think that's because i wrote "RELEASE" by building wxwidgets. But if I want to compile the project there is following Message in the Build Log: " Project uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping... Nothing to be done."

But I have already switched to the releasae mode.

What shall I do?

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 09:02:44 pm »
Configure your compiler correctly. This message occurs when either the path to the compiler is incorrectly specified, or the compiler itself hasn't been installed correctly.