Author Topic: Cant get Programs to build  (Read 3157 times)

Offline KrazyGrenade

• Single posting newcomer
Cant get Programs to build
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:22:19 am »
Hey guys. So honestly right now I'm very frustrated. I cannot get any of my programs to compile. We are supposed to have codeblocks installed for my programming class and I cannot complete my work until I figure out how to fix this error. I must be doing something extremely simple wrong because nobody in my class has been able to help me including my teacher, and my last post failed. If anyone has some sort of instant messenger and would be willing to walk me through this step by step that would be awesome. If not a post is just as good. My error follows

ARNING: Can't read file's timestamp: C:\Documents and Settings\KrazyGrenade\My Documents\Programming in C++\Lab3\main.cpp
Linking console executable: bin\Debug\Lab 3.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: obj\Debug\main.o: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: no input files

Any help is appreciated guys. These are my instant messenging usernames if you are willing to help me that way
AIM - Pyromaniak23
MSN/windows/yahoo messenger - Pyromaniak23@yahoo.com

Offline rcoll

• Almost regular
Re: Cant get Programs to build
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 02:11:15 am »
Just a guess, but it looks as if your filename has a space in it, as in "Lab 3.cpp" or something similar.
Change it to be just "Lab3.cpp", without spaces.

BTW ... if your teacher really can't help you, change to another class.

Ringo

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Cant get Programs to build
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:21:52 am »
Just a guess, but it looks as if your filename has a space in it, as in "Lab 3.cpp" or something similar.
Change it to be just "Lab3.cpp", without spaces.
Actually, this shouldn't be a problem.

KrazyGrenade:
Where did you get the version of Code::Blocks that you're using? It appears to have been improperly built. This problem appears when Code::Blocks' "depslib" component is built with GCC 4.2.x and -fstrict-aliasing, included in -O2 or greater optimization. If you built Code::Blocks yourself, rebuild it with "-fno-strict-aliasing" in the compiler options. If you got Code::Blocks from a third party, direct them to this post. If it's a nightly build, killerbot should probably be notified.

-John E. / TDM
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)