Author Topic: Problems using a progress bar control  (Read 3227 times)

Reist

Problems using a progress bar control
« on: October 21, 2010, 03:58:09 am »
Hi guys. I'm trying to create a small dialog-based app and I'm having problems with a progressbar control. I started by creating a new win32 gui project (dialog based) and then I edited the resource.rc file. The line that causes troubles is
Code
CONTROL         "", IDC_PROGRESSBAR, PROGRESS_CLASS, PBS_SMOOTH, 48, 180, 122, 8

If I remove it everything works ok but there is no progress bar in the dialog window. If I leave it as is it compiles without errors/warnings but when I run it a console window appears saying
Code
Process returned -1 (0xFFFFFFFF)  execution time : 0.016 s

I'm usingCode::Blocks 10.05 with the default compiler you get when you do a fresh install (sorry, I'm kinda noob, haven't figured out everything yet). Also, I use ResEdit (http://www.resedit.net) to get an ideea of the stuff I need to put into the resource.rc file.

Thanks in advance for any input regarding this.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problems using a progress bar control
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:12:08 am »
Sorry to say, but this question is not related to C::B itself.
C::B is "just" an IDE, that can work with many compilers (one is shipped with it on windows for the users convenience).

Your question is violating our forum rules therefore, because this forum/website is dedictaed to C::B related questions only.

Topic locked !