Author Topic: Code::Blocks Plug-In Architecture  (Read 6473 times)

Offline igorevc

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code::Blocks Plug-In Architecture
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:10:35 pm »
Good day.

I'm a student who's writing a dissertation about a plug-in for a certain application.
Right now, I'm researching for plug-in architectures of well known applications to better understand
the process of creating and "plugging in" the plug-ins.
It happens that I want Code::Blocks because is one of the best known applications.

Could you please (really, please) reply to me with a picture and a brief description of Code::Blocks Plug-in Architecture?
Or a link to the picture and the brief description?

That's because I can't find what I'm looking for and I need to create plugins, just to try it out.

Thank you for your attention.

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks Plug-In Architecture
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:37:43 pm »
Hi !

I suggest you try yourself to create a plugin from the plugin project template with maximum of features to see what are the available interfaces.
You can also have a look at the several existing ones to find out how they deal with projects, editors, menu, toolbars...
Read also some classes from the sources such as plugin manager. And you will be able to write your part of disseration. You wouldn't directly copy/paste a
a picture and a brief description of Code::Blocks Plug-in Architecture
would you ?

Dje

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:44:43 pm by Pecan »

Offline igorevc

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks Plug-In Architecture
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:19:21 pm »
Good day. I apologize for not responding to you earlier.

I saw your response to my question. Although it didn't give me a direct answer, at least it had some relevant clues.

I thank you for your reply. You have helped me, in your way.