User forums > Embedded development

-mpu=NAME (and others)

(1/2) > >>

qaptcha:
I'm using C::B for an ARM920T.  How can I fill in NAME for -mcpu and -march in the compiler flags section?  I have used the 'Other options' section until now.

Thanks.

mariocup:
Hi qaptcha,

if you want to add an option in the mcpu list, then you will have to change the source code of codeblocks (compiler plugin). It is planned to make a more flexible solution for the users but this will take some time.

Bye,

Mario

Lazybones:
Hi!

If you do not want to compile C::B yourself, you may use the "other options" for any option, that is not (yet) available in the compiler options tab (as you mentioned). This is necessary for all options that need an additional parameter, like -mcpu=XXX. AFAIK there is no other input option in C::B to enable an option with a parameter.

I think this feature is quite useful, especially in embedded development, because all embedded compilers (based on gcc and closed-source ones) have these kind of options!

Cheers
 Sven

qaptcha:

--- Quote from: mariocup on September 26, 2008, 03:34:50 pm ---if you want to add an option in the mcpu list, then you will have to change the source code of codeblocks (compiler plugin). It is planned to make a more flexible solution for the users but this will take some time.

--- End quote ---

How do you mean?  I don't know where I can choose something for the mcpu list.
The problem I have is as follows: I can select the "-mcpu=NAME" option, but when I compile, this is exactly what is called to the compiler (so NAME is not replaced).
This is of course not very helpful, but perhaps there is some menu where I can select the cpu type?

Jenna:
As mentioned before by Lazybones, you can send any compiler option you want if you use the "Compiler settings -> Other options" tab in your projects "Build options".
Don't forget to  uncheck "-mcpu=NAME" in the "Compiler options" tab.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version