User forums > Using Code::Blocks

wx2.6.1 w/o STL works fine, w/ STL does not

(1/2) > >>

jver:
I downloaded the CVS snapshot of Codeblocks in the conventional way and tested two different wx 2.6.1 libraries
monolithic,static,unicode and monolithic,static,unicode,stl. The first one compiles/links Code::Blocks fine, the latter shows the following errors.

--- Code: ---In file included from Managers/StdAfx.h:18,
                 from Managers/Managers.cpp:4:
editormanager.h:162: error: `Node' is not a member of type `EditorsList'
editormanager.h:162: error: `node' was not declared in this scope
editormanager.h:162: error: variable declaration is not allowed here
In file included from Managers/StdAfx.h:21,
                 from Managers/Managers.cpp:4:
toolsmanager.h:52: error: `Node' is not a member of type `ToolsList'
toolsmanager.h:52: error: `node' was not declared in this scope
toolsmanager.h:52: error: invalid data member initialization
toolsmanager.h:52: error: (use `=' to initialize static data members)
toolsmanager.h:52: error: variable or field `DoRemoveTool' declared void

--- End code ---

Is Code::Blocks not fully wx/STL compatible?

Ceniza:
wxWidgets with STL has several differences that makes Code::Blocks code break. I had the same problem the first time I tried to compile Code::Blocks 'cause my wxWidgets build used STL. Trying to solve the problem I found it'd require a lot of changes, mainly in wxWidgets so I just switched to wxWidgets with built-in containers (without STL).

Answering your question: Your're right, Code::Blocks is not fully wxWidgets-build-with-STL compatible because of the differences found in both implementations in wxWidgets code.

rickg22:
Oh great, first was unicode, and now this? What's next, support for Klingon user interfaces? :P

Let's hope linux distros don't come with wxWidgets-STL precompiled.

takeshimiya:
Sorry to say, but wx 3 will derive almost all from STL....
The strings, the vectors, almost all will use the STL.

mandrav:

--- Quote from: takeshimiya on September 17, 2005, 09:35:40 am ---Sorry to say, but wx 3 will derive almost all from STL....
The strings, the vectors, almost all will use the STL.

--- End quote ---

That would be excellent. Or did you think that we 're using the wx containers because we think they 're better than their STL coutnerparts ? ;)
No, when I started the project, I decided to follow the wx portability guidelines. No STL, no templates etc, although I don't really agree with it anymore...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version