Author Topic: Problems with Directx 9c  (Read 6540 times)

Optimus Prime

Problems with Directx 9c
« on: September 16, 2005, 07:22:06 am »
Hello,

I'm rather new to win32 programming, so bare with me.

I followed the instructions in the wiki, and downloaded everything needed to compile programs. I'm following this tutorial for directx, and I'm having nothing but trouble.

I'm getting a few errors. The errors are very long, and I'm not sure if there is a way to "copy and paste" them into this text, so I'm just attaching a screen shot of them.

From what I've read on the forums, MSVC automatically adds certain libraries to projects. CodeBlocks doesn't do this, so I need to add these manually. Is this right? If so, which libraries do I need to add?

Could someone point me in the right direction here? I'm really just trying to get a basic directx template up and running.

Thanks for the help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Optimus Prime

Re: Problems with Directx 9c
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 05:31:03 am »
Ok,

Well, I found the solution. Sort of.

The problem was that I didn't link to the individual libraries. (This isn't covered in the Wiki).

So, I linked up what I thought were the correct libraries, and I was able to get the code to compile. The problem now, is that the program crashes on launch. I've tried compiling several different tutorial programs from several different sites. They all compile fine, but they all crash.

I think the problem still has to do with the libraries. See, there are DX9 libraries under /codeblocks/lib/, but there are also DX9 libraries under the directX installation directory. Which ones am I supposed to use?

However, they may not even be the problem. Mabey I'm using the wrong win32 libraries. I don't know. All of this is very new to me. Any suggestions?

You can be sure, once I have all this figured out, I'll be writing a detailed tutorial for the wiki on how to get DX9 running.

Thanks.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 05:48:16 am »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D

I fixed it!

I'll write an article soon.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 06:13:03 am »
cool! Thank you!