Author Topic: error starting codeblocks on suse 11.0  (Read 7703 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
error starting codeblocks on suse 11.0
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:09:13 pm »
Hello everybody,

recently I tried to start codeblocks on my SuSE11.0 x86_64 and it simply did not do so. I tried in a console and it gave me the following error message:

neptuno:/home/fri # codeblocks
codeblocks: relocation error: codeblocks: symbol _Z23wxHandleFatalExceptionsb, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference
neptuno:/home/fri #

since codeblocks is installed "out of the box" from packman-repository and since it worked fine about a month ago I just don't know, what to do. The message is also quite cryptic to me, that is, I don't even understand what it is trying to tell me.

can anybody help me?

greetings nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
Re: error starting codeblocks on suse 11.0
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:46:13 pm »
Oh please, do help somebody, I even tried compiling it all from source and the compile and install worked fine, but same result on execute...

Greetings from Asturias

nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 06:46:45 pm »
What wxgtk version did you install?
cause of this could be:
- you don't have the wxgtk package that is shipped with opensuse 11.0
- you have two wxgtk installations and the wrong one is used (on runtime)

The package in my repository (TheTuxKeeper) is compiled against the wxgtk version shipped with opensuse 11.0 (in the official base repository). Any other version can be incompatible.

The best way to solve this is uninstalling all wxgtk version except the official one and then force a reinstallation of this left one (just click on the check of the installed package in yast's software list)
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 04:44:56 pm »
Hi there,

that did it, it finally works again, so many thanks for your help

Greetings from Asturias

nausea

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 06:07:17 pm »
Hi,

one little thing bothered me:

codeblocks looked for plugins only under /usr/lib/codeblocks/ ... but I'm running a SuSE 11.0 x86_64 and the plugins are at /usr/lib64/codeblocks/ ...

I helped myself putting a dynamic link in /ust/lib pointing to /ust/lib64 because I could not find out how to make C::B look in an other dirctory, how does one do that?

The dialog to manage the plugins only allows to filter for *.cbplugins as file, looks very much like beeing helpful under windows, but not linux, where the plugins are *.la files I think ...

Well, but everything works using that link trick and I'll not complain too much ;)

Greetings from Asturias

nausea

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 10:28:50 pm »
Hi,

one little thing bothered me:

codeblocks looked for plugins only under /usr/lib/codeblocks/ ... but I'm running a SuSE 11.0 x86_64 and the plugins are at /usr/lib64/codeblocks/ ...

I helped myself putting a dynamic link in /ust/lib pointing to /ust/lib64 because I could not find out how to make C::B look in an other dirctory, how does one do that?

The dialog to manage the plugins only allows to filter for *.cbplugins as file, looks very much like beeing helpful under windows, but not linux, where the plugins are *.la files I think ...

Well, but everything works using that link trick and I'll not complain too much ;)

Greetings from Asturias

nausea
Will take a look at this problem. I use a patch to move the plugins to /usr/lib(64), seems so that something doesn't get the arch-dependent lib path (I think it's the wxwidgets function I use).
Nightly builds for openSUSE