Author Topic: Bluescreening for no reason? (Using SDL and Vista)  (Read 3129 times)

giraffe

Bluescreening for no reason? (Using SDL and Vista)
« on: June 24, 2008, 02:18:04 am »
Hello:

I recently switched over to Code::Blocks from Dev-C++ (as I'm sure a lot of people here have), and overall i do really like its style and features much more than I do Dev-C++.  However, it's been giving me a problem that, if it continues, pretty much means I'm not going to be able to use it at all.  I recently debugged a program that was segfaulting and now I need to play with it some more so it does what I want to do.  The program uses SDL and loads some bitmap sprites, then one of those sprites learns over time using artificial neural nets to avoid the other one.  The program worked when I compiled it using Dev-C++, and compiles when I use Code::Blocks...then the trouble begins.  If I try to stop execution of the program using the stop button (the red one with the white X in it, next to the build/run/build and run buttons) the console just says "Aborting process 0...be patient!".  Following that, if I close the compiled program, Code::Blocks, or the console window, my computer bluescreens.

Any ideas as to what's going on?  It's extremely frustrating knowing that I'm essentially playing Russian Roulette when I make software, and the problem keeps happening consistently.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Bluescreening for no reason? (Using SDL and Vista)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:07 am »
my computer bluescreens.
I can assure you that C::B cannot (definitely) blue screen Vista. It is more likely that your software and/or library it is using does. Can you post a minimal (zipped) example and exact steps how to reproduce? Then I could try at home... I am using Vista there, too.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ