Author Topic: How Do You Know What Code::Blocks Is Doing?  (Read 4253 times)

Offline solarwind

• Multiple posting newcomer
How Do You Know What Code::Blocks Is Doing?
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:44 am »
Ok, so I have my nice wxWidgets project nicely set up and compiling well. However, I want other people who do not have Code::Blocks to be able to compile my program on windows. (I'm compiling on windows too). I want to know exactly what Code::Blocks is executing during my build process so that I can make a SCONS build script myself. Is there any way to know what Code::Blocks is doing during its build process? All I need to know is the right commands with the right flags (libs, path, cxxflags, etc).

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: How Do You Know What Code::Blocks Is Doing?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:24:53 pm »
settings -> compiler and debugger -> global compiler settings page -> other settings tab -> Compiler logging: select "Full command line"

you should consider using a tool like cmake, which automates the process of creating makefiles and project files for various OSes and IDEs (including code::blocks)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:28:01 pm by dmoore »

Offline solarwind

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:57:41 pm »
settings -> compiler and debugger -> global compiler settings page -> other settings tab -> Compiler logging: select "Full command line"

you should consider using a tool like cmake, which automates the process of creating makefiles and project files for various OSes and IDEs (including code::blocks)
Thanks for the suggestion of cmake, but I prefer SCONS. And thanks for the reply, worked perfectly!

Also, how does Code::Blocks know what libraries to link to and all the options such as pthread on windows and mthread on Linux? Is it defined in some configuration file somewhere? If so, where is it?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:59:58 pm by solarwind »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:45:09 pm »
project -> build options for compiler/linker settings, libraries and search directories.
project -> properties for build targets (outputs and sources)
you can also find global compiler/linker options and libs in settings-> compiler and debugger

Offline solarwind

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:34:19 pm »
project -> build options for compiler/linker settings, libraries and search directories.
project -> properties for build targets (outputs and sources)
you can also find global compiler/linker options and libs in settings-> compiler and debugger
Thanks!