User forums > Embedded development

A little bug in GNU ARM Compiler sniffing

(1/3) > >>

minou:
For some reasons, even if I change the default directory for the binaries codeblock doesn't find my arm-elf-gcc compiler.

After looking at the source code I found a serious bug. Even though it appears to be possible to change the directory where the compiler is, it is actually impossible to do so because the directory is hard coded to /usr. This creates a problem because all my cross compilers on Mandriva and Fedora are on /opt/cross/bin and I have no intention on changing this. I am patching codeblock to work correctly. The clean way would be to make it a variable or allow m_MasterPath to change as the gui seems to imply that it does.

In compilerGNUARM.c

m_MasterPath = _T("/usr");

If I create a link to the binary on /usr/bin it is found

martind:
Hi minou,

What version of code::blocks are you using?
I don't have the problem on the windows platform?

Martin.

minou:
I have the very last code as of the weekend. You would not see that on the windows version. What I see is that it has a hard coded base directory of "/usr".
There is an option to override that but it doesn't work and the compiler cannot be found unless I create a link to it on /usr/bin

To get a quick fix I changed the code to point to /opt/cross for now. I will look into why it is not working correctly in the next few days.
I want to get familiar with the operation of codeblock. What interest me in codeblock is the debugging part. gdb is working almost perfectly with setedit.
If there are issues in codeblocks I will see to help out, borrowing code from the gdb library used with setedit if necessary.

I have several compilers on /opt/cross/bin and am not willing to change them. This issue is a bit annoying, I have the feeling that it will have similar issues with arm-elf-gdb.

How many people are working on the development for embedded support? Do you need added help?

I have noticed that codeblock is only in English, did I miss something when compiling or is multilanguage not supported? If you need some translation I can help with the French portion.
My work computer is windows in english (I work in Indiana) so when I get home in Michigan I rather have a system on Linux and in French.

killerbot:
thanks for taking a look at it ;-)

Little question : where can I get hold of the linux version of Gnu Arm compiler ?? (free version)

Joerg:
www.gnuarm.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version