Author Topic: [Code completion] Is it necessary to skip externs?  (Read 5474 times)

Offline Ibbur

• Multiple posting newcomer
[Code completion] Is it necessary to skip externs?
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:04:04 am »
Hello,
I've noticed, that most of the functions in SDL projects are not recognized by the code completion plugin, because they are preceded with the keyword "extern". Is it possible not to skip externs? For me it works (the SDL functions are recognized now), after modifying the file parserthread.cpp, but I don't know if there will be any negative side effects. The modification I've done, is just commenting out the call to skip externs on line 466:
Code: parserthread.cpp (from line 465 to line 470)
else
{
    //SkipToOneOfChars(ParserConsts::semicolon); // skip externs
    // do nothing, just skip keyword "extern"
    //                m_Tokenizer.UngetToken(); // nope, return the token back...
}

Thank you very much for developing Code::Blocks!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:09:34 am by Ibbur »

lowtraxx

Re: [Code completion] Is it necessary to skip externs?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 03:11:56 am »
Hi,

this solution doesnt work for me. I think the source has slightly changed. Do you have any other idea why it doesnt work for me.

thx a lot

Low

Offline Ibbur

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: [Code completion] Is it necessary to skip externs?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:55 am »
Hello lowtraxx,
sorry, I have no idea, why it doesn't work for you. Today I have compiled the current revision 5081 and it still works for me. I have attached the modified file now to exclude any misunderstanding.

If you would like to look at my build (windows unicode), you can download it here.
The complete source code of this build can be downloaded here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:35:57 pm by Ibbur »