Author Topic: How to specify command-line parameters when debugging ?  (Read 16041 times)

Offline Dbug

• Single posting newcomer
    • Defence Force
How to specify command-line parameters when debugging ?
« on: June 01, 2008, 04:25:12 pm »
Hi.
I searched on the forum, on the wiki, using google, and I could not really find what I was looking for.

I am currently trying evaluating moving from Visual Studio to Code::Blocks, most of my solution was converted nicely (just some interproject dependencies not being imported), was able to rebuild the project, etc... but I'm now stuck on the fact that I did not found where to specify parameters for my application when debugging it.

It's a set of console applications, that take a number of parameters on the command line, and of course if I cannot specify these parameters somewhere... will not go far :)

The closest thing I found is on the wiki here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Project_file

Execution parameters
<Option parameters="" />
Any command-line parameters that should be passed to the executable when executing it from inside Code::Blocks.

I have no such parameter in my cbp file, and I could not find any option dialog to fill it.

Help !

PS: Except this problem, my first impression is quite good. I feel that Code::Block is so much lightweight and well fought out compared to KDevelop, Dev++, Anjunta, etc...

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How to specify command-line parameters when debugging ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:31:59 pm »
What you are looking for is :

Project menu -> Set Program's arguments

Offline Dbug

• Single posting newcomer
    • Defence Force
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:38:59 pm »
Damned, you are correct.

I'm so used to Visual Studio duplicating in menus options that are in other places, that I most generally avoid going into menus.
I was expecting that to be on the project tree view contextual options (in "Properties" or "Build Options")

While I'm at it, what is the recommanded way to give feedback about things that could be improved (not necessarily bugs, more like usability improvements, settings not saved, etc...) ?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:01:17 pm »
feel free to start a topic about that.

Bugs or feature requests : on our project page on berlios you can register those. Way better for tracking otherwise inside a forum they might get lost ;-)