Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

C::B Profiler : new version released!

(1/4) > >>

Zlika:
Hi!
I have made interesting improvements of the DarkLordSatan's Profiler plugin:
- the options on the configuration box now work
- the gprof output is parsed and displayed in grid lists (Flat Profile and Call Graph). If you select a function in the flat profile, you are redirected in the corresponding place in the call graph.
- some minor cosmetic changes like wait bars

You can download it here: http://membres.lycos.fr/exoguard/ (first link of the page)
You may add it to the CVS if you think it's interesting.
Send me messages for bugs (it's a beta!  :lol:) ...

Zlika

squizzz:
Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

I haven't tried it thoroughly, so I didn't find any serious bugs, just suggestions.

Major ones:
- sorting items by clicking column's title (Yay! It would be absolutely magnificient feature! :P)
- descriptive pop-up hints for available options
- display limit, i.e max 50 items (it could be somewhere in profiler's window rather than "Settings->Plugins' settings", though)
- saving profiling results to file

Minor ones:
- strange text formatting in profiler main window, I mean this scrollable text on the bottom (screen - check 3rd paragraph)
- options screen : would be better to have ok|cancel buttons in the centre, also this edit control could be moved a little bit right and few pixels down (screen)
- suspicious *.dll size (?)

What more can I say - I really like it. :)
I hope this plugin will be officially included in next releases of C::B.
Thank You!

Zlika:
Thank you!
I will try to take your remarks into account ASAP.
Concerning the DLL size, I think it must be a problem with the linker configuration. I'll check it.

Zlika

Urxae:

--- Quote from: Zlika on September 05, 2005, 01:00:31 pm ---Concerning the DLL size, I think it must be a problem with the linker configuration. I'll check it.

--- End quote ---

Actually, since the stripped version is only 106 k out of 2.14 M it looks more like a compiler setting: "Produce debugging symbols" was turned on while compiling. As it doesn't seem to be on in the project file, I think you just forgot to rebuild after turning it off ;).

Zlika:
Hi guys
I have made some of the changes asked by squizzz.
You can download the beta2 here: http://membres.lycos.fr/exoguard/ (first link of the page)
I will see later how to sort the lists.
I have not understood one of your remarks: what/why do you want to limit (in) the display?

Concerning the DLL size, I have rebuilt it without debug info but it's the same size (2.15Mo for this little plug-in!!). If someone has another idea...

Zlika

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version