User forums > Embedded development

[patch] Custom GDB commands (run, continue...) for remote debugging

(1/2) > >>

Typz:
Hello,

For embedded development, at work, we need to use custom commands to control GDB.
Thus, we implemented patches to let us configure this. I just posted the patch on BerliOS (patch #2458: "Custom GDB commands (run, continue...) for remote debugging").

With this patch, the GDB commands to use can be customized for each build target, in the remote gdb configuration (there is a new tab). Please note however that this configuration applies even if remote debugging is not enabled for the target.

The commands which are customized are: run, continue, quit, get thread list (info threads), switch thread (thread %i).
If a field is left empty, the default command is used.

Can somebody please check the patch and commit ?
Thanks,

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: Typz on May 07, 2008, 09:27:48 pm ---Can somebody please check the patch and commit ?

--- End quote ---
Very interesting! I hope/guess Yiannis (mandrav) will note that one too and respond. He is into such things, too ATM (IMHO).

fackue:
Can someone upload a windows build with this patch please?

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: fackue on May 16, 2008, 02:27:21 am ---Can someone upload a windows build with this patch please?

--- End quote ---
Just wait for the next nightly...

fackue:
I can't figure out where the settings are for this in the newest nightly (May 19)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version