Author Topic: wxSmith and wxRichTextCtrl  (Read 6340 times)

Offline BrokenBrain

• Single posting newcomer
wxSmith and wxRichTextCtrl
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:02:06 pm »
I read wxSmith features in this page: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Comparison_of_wxSmith_features
i found wxRichTextCtrl  in this page, but i can't find this in wxSmith tool bar.
Where is it?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don\\\\\\\'t.

Offline deadneurons

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: wxSmith and wxRichTextCtrl
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 06:16:41 pm »
I've been playing with wxSmith for fun...
If I'm not mistaken, you use wxTextCtrl, and you should
enable the wxTE_RICH or wxTE_RICH2 in the style property box, to view the property page
you should be in the resources tab on Management pane.

hope this helps.

Offline BrokenBrain

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:08:28 am »
I tried what you say, but really when i saw the code,
i don't see any wxRichTextCtrl.
Thanks anyway
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don\\\\\\\'t.

Offline PaulS

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 03:15:40 pm »
I am using a wxRichTextCtrl in a small project.  In wxSmith I created a wxTextCtrl and then set the class name attribute to wxRichTextCtrl (well actually a class derived from wxRichTextCtrl).  This seems to cause wxSmith to use the text ctrl in its GUI but to new a richtext ctrl.  You have to deal with events and methods unique to the rich tectctrl on your own but it is doable.

There is a decent example of wxRichTextCtrl itself in the wxWidgets samples.  It was not obvious to me from the widgets "documentation" that the control could read and write in XML format until I pored through the sample code.