Author Topic: Autoversioning Pugin  (Read 7296 times)

Offline jomeggs

• Multiple posting newcomer
Autoversioning Pugin
« on: April 12, 2008, 05:38:18 pm »
Hi,

yesterday, I tried the autoversioning plugin. It works well, thank you for that. But, I found a little problem. First, the default filename for the versioning header is "version.h". So, that's a commonly used name in many projects. If I'am right, even the linux code has such a file. If a "version.h" resides in the current project directory, the autoversioning plugin overides it without any warnings. :shock: I suggest to change the name to "autover.h" or something like that.

A second point is, after I changed the name of the versioning header to an other name, there was no change to the #IFDEF statement. That means, my file had the name "autover.h" and it looked like this:

Code
#ifndef VERSION_H
#define VERSION_H

#endif //VERSION_h

In the end, that could provoke a problem with the define VERSION_H, if other "version.h"'s are used in project. It would be better to use the real name of the autoversioning header also for the define like: AUTOVER_H

Please don't misapprehend me, I dont' wish to disgust someone. If at least the define problem is solved, i would like to use this wonderful plugin. :D

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
Re: Autoversioning Pugin
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:54:43 pm »
Please don't misapprehend me, I dont' wish to disgust someone. If at least the define problem is solved, i would like to use this wonderful plugin. :D

Why should I dislike some one that is saying the truth  :D Thanks for pointing those problems.

If a "version.h" resides in the current project directory, the autoversioning plugin overides it without any warnings.

That's something I thought but forgot to implement, I was going to ask the user to replace the content if the file already exist.

A second point is, after I changed the name of the versioning header to an other name, there was no change to the #IFDEF statement

I missed that part completely  :shock: Doesn't even thought about that. But these is a community so it could be solved  :wink:

Well I'm going to try fixing this on the night.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:30:21 pm »
Well I'm going to try fixing this on the night.

Please, don't spend the night! It's quite enough, to do that in the evening... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:57:26 am »
Please, don't spend the night! It's quite enough, to do that in the evening... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doesn't understand (get) your joke. :(

Sorry for the delay but I will work on that :), what I have abandoned has been the codepacks plugin, I have some sources but really parcial  :( I have to work on it  :x

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 01:02:44 pm »
I doesn't understand (get) your joke. :(

I just meant, the problem isn't that important. There is no need to hurry like that. So better spend the night for sleeping or doing things, you like (others than work).

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:13:54 am »
Finally, implemented what you pointed, thanks.

The patch is on the other autoversioning post  :D

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6294.135.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:22:35 am by JGM »

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 12:27:35 pm »
Thank you, good job! :)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:00:10 pm »
Enjoy it :D, I will soon start working on an C++ application for my own company to store clients jobs and generate custom reports so i will enjoy this either :) and all the codeblocks environment (IDE).