Author Topic: Doxygen script plugin  (Read 66080 times)

Offline ajaywazir

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Doxygen script plugin
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 04:00:34 pm »
thanks!
Got it.
Are you planning any upgrades?
e.g to add a DOXY commend based on function prototype
for automatic adding @params (in/out)  etc....rather than typing.

Ajay

Offline jomeggs

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 03:50:32 am »
Hi Ajay,

my next goal ist to develop a real CB plugin which should be more customizable regarding all the possible doxygen control parameters. The idea to create automated comments would mean to change the underlying source files, a thing I would never do so far. By the way, in my eyes such comments are rather useless. Better write it by hand so you have the full control to decide, which functions are worth to be commented. I wont be rude, but these automated source documentations uses to be a pest sometimes, a lot of paper or html pages without any information at all.

My (undemanded 8)) advise is, write your comments while your're writing the function itself. This is the moment when all the needed information is still in your head. If you're doing your coments later, you could have forgotten the most interesting parts...

Nevertheless, if you still want to have an autodocumentation (nearly not possible after my claptrap above  :D), have a look t0 the EXTRACT_ALL doxygen option.

Offline ajaywazir

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2009, 06:17:35 am »
Hi Jomeggs,
Thanks.
I am with you. My idea was to automate the mundane task of writing function header comments.
The script could possible get @param information from selected test and past it above selection
There are a few eclipse/VS addons like you are planning, which may of help to you.
1. Eclox Doxygen plug in  (Java)
2. Eclipse CDT has builit in support for DOXY comments (Java)
3. DOXYBAR for VS as VS addin. (in CPP)
These can provide you some base line code.
Ajay

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2009, 11:09:11 am »
Thanks for your hints. I'll take a deeper look for them before starting my own plugin.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Doxygen script plugin deleted by admin
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2009, 01:36:39 pm »
But it's there in the first post of this thread....

Thanks for your help! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking about to create a real doxygen-plugin with config options and so on.But before I heave my backside off my beloved sofa, I need to know if that is worth the pain... What are you guys thinking about?

Damn right :-)
One of the first plug-in things i started and off course never finished was a Doxygen plug-in.  :?

So you have my support, and maybe it might be nice to have a little roadmap of futures you have in mind.
If we would be able to add them in a safe and stable way we might turn this into a contrib plug-in ...

Cheers.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2009, 10:01:59 pm »
...So you have my support, and maybe it might be nice to have a little roadmap of futures you have in mind....

Your support would be VERY welcome, especially regarding the development environment. The last time I compiled codeblocks on my own is nearly two years ago. So I need to know which compiler version is in use by the core developers, the same is for the wxwidgets version and so on. Yeeees, I could search the forum, but at this point I would like to have a fresh first hand information.

My idea is to create a simple replacement for the script-plugin as a first step. I would like to have a suitable doxygen configuration dialog too. That means a global doxygen configuration dialog and maybe an additional project dependent one as well. As you know, doxygen has an awful lot of lot of possibilities, so it would be nice to have something like a configuration template which is changeable for the users purposes. Further on some help for the doxygen installation itself is needed. That could be something like your compiler detection with an addition check for the needed files.

That's me, but I'm pretty sure that you all have your own ideas. So please don't hesitate to write your whishes down here.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:09:50 pm by jomeggs »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »
ok, question number one :

what is your oprating system for your development environment ?
Windows or linux ?

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2009, 10:18:55 pm »
Mainly I'm working with windows (W2K, XP and VISTA - unfortunately sometimes even NT4.0...) but also with linux here and there. For this purposes I've a colinux running under windows and some standalone machines. As main-development environment I would prefer windows currently but also linux for testing the plugin there.

Short form: I need information for windows AND linux... :D

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2009, 10:52:11 pm »
Let's start with windows, follow the direction in the nightly cookbook.he

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Nightly_Cookbook

But as for the GCC/GDB stuff, just use the MingW build from TDM.
http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/

But you should use the 4.4.0 version. But it seems you will have to assemble it yourself again, since the big installer will bring the buggy 4.4.1.

Worst case, I could put download from back in the day on my webspace.

Another solution is you use the 4.3.3 version.

Then during your development I would suggest to put your plugin as a subdir of the contrib plugins directory of the CB sources tree, since that's the place in will end up in the future.

You could use the MouseSap (latest contrib plugin that got added), as your template for makefiles and the cbp files, just manually edit them.

And then change you script code to real C++ ;-)

Offline jomeggs

Doxygen script plugin
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2009, 02:39:29 pm »
I managed to get TDM gcc 4.4.0, there are old installer files on sourceforge fortuntately. The Nightly_Cookbook refers to wxwidgets 2.8.7 but I found that you're using 2.8.10, right? So I downloaded that one. I can't get svn access from my office therefore I'll checkout CB in the evening at home. Many thanks in the meantime.

@killerbot
I followed your Cookbook, compiled wxWidgets, and tried to compile codeblocks. It went fine for a while, then I've got a linker error cause wxflatnotebook has not been found (the same problem with wxWidgets 2.8.8 and 2.8.10). I noticed that this isn't part of wxWidgets, so I've to download and install it on my own, right? Which wxFlatNotebook is to be used please?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:28:03 pm by jomeggs »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2009, 04:50:15 pm »
CB brings wxFlatNotebook.

It has to do with the sequence order of the contrib plug-ins during the build. WxFlatNotebook is now build by a new target/project of wxSmith.

I will update the wiki this evening.

I will also update in the meantime the wx287 to wx2810. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2009, 05:10:21 pm »
CB brings wxFlatNotebook.

Ok, found it. After compiling "wxSmith - Contrib Items" the rest went well.

There is a global variable
Code
- Code::Blocks (cb) : <cbDir>\src
mentioned. It seems to me that this one is not in use any longer, isn't it? At least, I've got no question dialog regarding this variable so far.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2009, 06:16:26 pm »
There is a global variable
Code
- Code::Blocks (cb) : <cbDir>\src
mentioned. It seems to me that this one is not in use any longer, isn't it? At least, I've got no question dialog regarding this variable so far.

That's right. The global variable cb is no longer needed for C::B's svn-sources, because it makes it impossible to have several copies (with different patches)  of C::B sources on the same system.

But if you develop a plugin from outside the svn-sources it still makes sense.

Offline jomeggs

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2009, 10:36:33 pm »
Finally I've got my own CB compiled, thanks for your help. There is one question left:

The current nightly is running with a DLL named wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll. My self compiled CB made a loud cry for a dll named wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll which I found in my wxWidgets directory. Why is that? What has to be done to use the same DLL name or has the name been changed for the next nightly too? :o

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2009, 11:23:58 pm »
if you want the same name, you will have to add the following to all the options on the command line to build wx (the invocation of make) : VENDOR=cb .